the 30th anniversary year for the band - expectations vs. happened so far

Started by japanesebaby, August 07, 2009, 11:17:51

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

anybody else getting a bit bored/disappointed that it's the 30th anniversary year for the band and so far there hasn't really been anything special to really celebrate this?
of course there still some time left but let's face it it's starting to run out. if there's going to be anything happening this year, at least  one could have expected to hear some news by now. i don't mean live shows because there probably won't be any more, but at least some special releases or something. and for the record, to me the paris dvd doesn't really count, should it get released next/even during this year. that looks too much like just a re-run/re-release of the festival dvd and really isn't anything that would really celebrate the band's 30-year career the way they'd deserve.
how about the 'disintegration' deluxe version?
that prayer tour footage that robert talked about in that radio interview?
some surprises we don't know about (yet)?

at least so far i find the lack of any kind of news a bit of a downer as i was expecting something special for the anniversary year.
i wonder if the split with the mighty U might have messed up something that had been planned(?). or maybe i am just trying to find excuses here(?).
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

My guess, something will come out for the Christmas shopping season.  But yeah, it is a bit puzzling we haven't had any news regarding the Tim Pope project.  And I thought for sure we'd have a Disintegration deluxe this year for the 20th anniversary.  Then again, do I really want a remastered (distorted?) copy of Disintegration with bonus material such as Pirate Ships and some live stuff I already have?  :roll:

Trust...

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 07, 2009, 11:17:51
anybody else getting a bit bored/disappointed that it's the 30th anniversary year for the band and so far there hasn't really been anything special to really celebrate this?

Yep, me too  :(

some surprises we don't know about (yet)?

THAT would be great, something we don't expect :D

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: Trust... on August 10, 2009, 20:20:37
Quote from: crowbi_wan on August 07, 2009, 15:22:52
My guess, something will come out for the Christmas shopping season.

Let's hope for it :-D

Let's PRAY for it!!!

you know, it doesn't have to be something special... just about anything would make me happy...

and they should hurry with that dvd release.
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Janko

Well, this year and the first half of the next are pretty much lost because  we'd  know at least something is cooking...

:D

I think the guys have to come back into form, think about the future first and then think about the past. I don't mind there's no nostalgic celebration because if you look at DM or U2 - they don't care for that either...

I just wish they make some good decisions about the future!

8)
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: Janko on August 11, 2009, 12:22:40

Well, this year and the first half of the next are pretty much lost because  we'd  know at least something is cooking...

:D

I think the guys have to come back into form, think about the future first and then think about the past. I don't mind there's no nostalgic celebration because if you look at DM or U2 - they don't care for that either...

I just wish they make some good decisions about the future!

8)

i know what you mean! that's pretty much what i meant. i'd be happy with anything. i don't care if it has anything to do with the anniversary or not..

i guess  you're better at being patient than i am ;)
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you