Currently Watching

Started by Steve, July 14, 2007, 17:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

melly

Watched "National Treasure, Book of Secrets".. :smth015

enuff said...




hey LuvURobert...my dad and brother had Beatles JACKETS!! can you believe that?!! We were, shall we say,caught up in "Beatlemania"...loved it...every loony second of it!!   :smth044 :smth048
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Steve

New Order live in New York 1981.
Dreams Never End. Excellent.

How is it they turned into the crap faux dance act that they did?
Big shame really.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

NINE INCH NAILS - new york, saugerties - woodstock '94

one of the classic NIN shows and imo one of the classic shows by anyone ever. great that they got it filmed...
everyone (including the band) was covered with mud from head to toe and it's a raging performance...
this is one of the gigs i sometimes put on in order to "just watch a couple of tracks" and then i always end up watching all through, every damn time. :P


'burn'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlPRq-5nS2I

'down in it'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxsCXbJfrxA

(for other tracks click the uploader's profile, i think he's got them all covered)


...although i'm not watching youtube here myself  :smth020 :smth023
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

silversand

Quote from: Janko on January 30, 2008, 16:34:09



AWESOME!!!


You're absolutley right Janko The Lives of Others is awesome. Ulrich Muehe is great in this film and not only him, all the others too. Unfortunately Ulrich Muehe past away last summer :( . He was a great actor.

I've got the film on DVD :)

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Carnage Visor

Did anyone see "CLOVERFIELD"???



That has to be the best movie I've seen in a long time!!! :shock: Very suspenseful, keeps a good sense of realism and drags you in there almost like one of those interactive 3D attractions at the carnivals and whatnot. Very, very good filming and effects (although I must admit that the ending over-did it...no spoilers!!! lol)

SO MUCH, in fact, that my jaw was open mostly the whole film. By the time the credits were rolling and the lights went on, I noticed that I had drooled all over myself...it was THAT good!

I think the whole seizure thing is ridiculous...I had no problems at all, and I am a sufferer of frequent migraine headaches!

LuvURobert

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 30, 2008, 11:05:24
NINE INCH NAILS - new york, saugerties - woodstock '94

one of the classic NIN shows and imo one of the classic shows by anyone ever. great that they got it filmed...
everyone (including the band) was covered with mud from head to toe and it's a raging performance...
this is one of the gigs i sometimes put on in order to "just watch a couple of tracks" and then i always end up watching all through, every damn time. :P

Yes, a few months ago I found the Happiness in Slavery video of this show and was totally blown away with their performance!  I like how Reznor beats up his keyboard as he plays, then completely starts to annihilate anything around him.  Loved it!!
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Carnage Visor

Michael Mann's "MANHUNTER"...now I'm obsessed with Shriekback's "This Big Hush"!!! 8)

It was way better than Silence Of The Lambs and had a really cool look to it. BTW it's on demand on Comcast...or at least it was.

robiola

Quote from: Carnage Visor on February 10, 2008, 00:57:36
Michael Mann's "MANHUNTER"...now I'm obsessed with Shriekback's "This Big Hush"!!! 8)

It was way better than Silence Of The Lambs and had a really cool look to it. BTW it's on demand on Comcast...or at least it was.
And how about In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?

Carnage Visor

Quote from: robiola on February 10, 2008, 13:03:06
And how about In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?

Oh, CLASSIC! Great usage of the song as well, it gave the song a really gothic feel, even though by itself you wouldn't think twice about categorizing it as "gothic"...but with the pseudo-religious imagery and sadistic nature of Dollarhyde, it really shed new light on the song. :shock: 8)

I had already known the song beforehand (as it was the song my mother's teacher used to torture her with during class...she hated it for some reason)...long story short, great movie, great soundtrack!  :smth023

sues777

Just finished watching Play Out for the first time in probably 2 years (finally managed to connect a VCR to my home theatre). What a great video!! 

The MTV Unplugged session is simply beautiful...

The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

japanesebaby

Quote from: sues777 on March 21, 2008, 09:34:06
Just finished watching Play Out for the first time in probably 2 years (finally managed to connect a VCR to my home theatre). What a great video!! 

'play out' always was my favorite of all the official cure videos. even though it's rather incoherent at times (some people even say "boring") there's just something in the atmosphere there, it somehow catches a magical period... hard to explain it i guess. 

anyway you just reminded me i haven't watched it all through for god knows how long...
so thanks for the tip. ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

tigermilk

Curb Your Enthusiasm at the moment.

Then I think I'll slip in some Arrested Development episodes.

There's absolutely nothing on TV right now.

sues777

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 21, 2008, 11:46:51
'play out' always was my favorite of all the official cure videos. even though it's rather incoherent at times (some people even say "boring") there's just something in the atmosphere there, it somehow catches a magical period... hard to explain it i guess. 

I think I know what you mean about the "atmosphere" in 'play out'...I'm afraid it's nothing I can verbalise...but there's just "something".  For me, seeing them perform working versions of songs that ended up on Wish (Cut, A Letter to Elise) is just fascinating...

Anyhow, for me today it's Show (another one I haven't seen in years)....THAT version of A Forest....OMG!! Brilliant!
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show