2011.05.31 Sydney - Sydney Opera House (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2011, 21:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Sussex

Quote from: DeanLovesTheCure on May 27, 2011, 00:34:48
Ok....so here's the deal boys an girls....I got a ticket.

So happy!  :D :D :D (tbh somehow deep down I always kept the hope that i would be going :)

Perfect! See you there Dean
"Thick As Shit"

billee

concert number 1
4 sleeps to go
concert number2
5 sleeps to go
:D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

The Loudest Cure

Sorry let me repeat that more clearly: I GOT A FRIKKIN TICKET!!!!

I had an ad on gumtree and got a few responses but all of them were for thousands of dollars until a girl named Kelly McDonnell came along and now (after only paying $250...and to be frank I had been prepared to pay up to 500) I'm going to the May 31st show!!!!

I dont have a curefans shirt so not sure if I can be in your Opera House steps picture, but I'd definitely love to meet u all for the meet-up, so is that cool? (tho...is the 5:30-6pm meet-up on the first night or the second??)

So happy!  :D :D :D (tbh somehow deep down I always kept the hope that i would be going :)

4 sleeps!

and I could not agree with the following more: "To all of you who can't be at the Opera House for the shows we'll be taking you all along in our hearts"

:smth023

Very happy for you! have a fantastic moments!!!

The further we go And older we grow The more we know The less we show.

dsanchez

Just a few days left. This must be one of the greatest venues The Cure have ever played in. Isn't?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Opera_House

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

The Loudest Cure

Quote from: dsanchez on May 27, 2011, 15:31:33
Just a few days left. This must be one of the greatest venues The Cure have ever played in. Isn't?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Opera_House

:smth039

they never played at SOH...C'est une premiere!!!  ;)

:smth041
The further we go And older we grow The more we know The less we show.

Ulrich

According to report at COF, the band have arrived in Australia!
Short video of Robert at the airport:
28MAY11, RS @ Sydney Airport.MPG
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

billee

concert number 1
3 more sleeps
concert number 2
4 more sleeps

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

Lady

Quote from: scatcat on May 26, 2011, 06:47:46
:smth031   TICKETS ARRIVED!!
:smth041
I'm very happy for you my dear!!!! :D
And now enjoy the live show....still few days to go, come on!!! ;)

Wow the video at the airport is great!!! :D  What a beautiful sensation seeing Bob again!!! He seems to be in good form!!! :)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

scatcat

So.. what's the final tally of curefans going to the concerts? David..  :smth100
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Sussex

End of working days. One more night before departing to Australia. Hope that everything will be smooth. The Cure is in Sydney already, what a relieved!

The party just get better and better!

"Thick As Shit"

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

DeanLovesTheCure

Hey gang, I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but will they be playing songs of the 'Boys Don't Cry" album version, for example, 'Boys Don't Cry'?

My all-time favourite Cure record is Disintegration, but my all-time fave Cure song (which is saying a LOT, as there are *soooo* many vying for that top spot :) is Boys Don't Cry....

I hope at least it gets into the encore :)

P.S. I still can't quite believe I got a ticket and am going!
P.P.S. Thanks for the lovely words everyone, look forward to meeting you all Tuesday 5:30-6 :-D

dsanchez

Quote from: DeanLovesTheCure on May 29, 2011, 00:39:55
but will they be playing songs of the 'Boys Don't Cry" album version, for example, 'Boys Don't Cry'?

Well, BDC is not included in "Three Imaginary Boys" (except for the US version of the album named "Boys Don't Cry") so if they play only their three first albums as stated in the program, this song won't be played.

However, as in the "Trilogy" concerts, the band is likely to play extra songs, so maybe BDC will be played there. We will know it in two days ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

~*CherryRed*~

Sorry let me repeat that more clearly: I GOT A FRIKKIN TICKET!!!!

I had an ad on gumtree and got a few responses but all of them were for thousands of dollars until a girl named Kelly McDonnell came along and now (after only paying $250...and to be frank I had been prepared to pay up to 500) I'm going to the May 31st show!!!!

I dont have a curefans shirt so not sure if I can be in your Opera House steps picture, but I'd definitely love to meet u all for the meet-up, so is that cool? (tho...is the 5:30-6pm meet-up on the first night or the second??)

4 sleeps!

and I could not agree with the following more: "To all of you who can't be at the Opera House for the shows we'll be taking you all along in our hearts"

Mkay Chaps/Chapettes... re: the meet up. I reckon we can do both nights... I see no reason why not! So Both nights, I will be on the Opera House Steps, 5.30pm - 6pm.   :smth023
It matters not a jot if people have a curefans.com tee, we're all kindred Cureites! I reckon time wise we take the photo around 6.30pm... As if I understand it right, they will not let late comers in until the intermission or summit?! And we don't want to miss a single second huh.

This is gonna blow my mind, and I will cry at some point to during the shows... (I always do ;p ) For those that have missed out, I feel your pain. But take this with you, your gonna get to see it on DVD eventually... always find a positive!

Also, I am totally crap with names... So if you do meet me, please don't be offended if I don't 'get' who you are in the forum ;p

Is anyone taking their laptop with them? So posts can be done asap for those that want to know what went on? I'm thinking of taking mine, but then I only have a 10kg luggage allowance, not much for this girl and her wardrobe!! So I may have to leave mine at home...
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Secrets

Anyone familiar with the Opera House as far as autograph hunting? Is it even possible at that venue or is the entrance for acts underground or something?  I know at the Entertainment Centre if you hung out the back you could get lucky with an autograph.

BTW Dean, I've been wondering the same thing regarding track listing. I expect it will be the TIB tracklist verbatim...which would mean missing some great early songs (hey Charlotte Sometimes misses out too...). They way the band ripped through the early stuff in the Dream Tour encores, that first set could be gone in 35 mins....time for a few extra songs?