The Cure Song Election - Join The Dots: B-Sides & Rarities 1978-2001 (Disc 1)

Started by Whiskers, November 19, 2011, 07:27:28

Previous topic - Next topic

PAOKCURE

Splintered In Her Head

Quote from: Whiskers on February 19, 2012, 09:31:46
My vote is still for "Lament;" how is it still here?!
Maybe because it's the best song in this disk  :smth023
I went away alone with nothing left but faith

SidneyCure

Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

Birdmad Guy

The Exploding Boy is my favorite Bside by them.  I wish it had been on The Head on the Door, it could have been the 3rd single.

Ikissedyoursmile

Quote from: Birdmad Guy on May 15, 2013, 06:16:49
The Exploding Boy is my favorite Bside by them.  I wish it had been on The Head on the Door, it could have been the 3rd single. I really like that song too!

CJHopegiver

Anyone else unsure what "A Man Inside My Mouth" means? There seems to always be several interpretations of any lyric, so I thought I'd ask.
"The promises broke, the make believe ran out."

Ulrich

Quote from: CJHopegiver on March 06, 2022, 01:31:51Anyone else unsure what "A Man Inside My Mouth" means?

Well, Robert surely had some fun with what the title might imply!

I remember reading he said back in the 80s it came from a nightmare about eating someone.

You can find some interpretations here:

https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/7554/

QuoteSmith remarked that, "I liked that somg because it caused some controversy at the time. I played up to the weirder sexual aspects of the lyric...I realised it was going to be contentious, and I had fun with it!"

definatly not about robert giving a man oral sex.
it's another drug induce dream. mostly of the psychedelic kind. that's the way acid is. one second you know what you're doing the next second you are in a situation that you have no idea how you arrived at that point. you can't even speak, your heart is racing and words come out of your mouth but they don't make sence to you. it's like theree is somone else in him speaking on his behalf. i don't think he woke up persay, he just came to the realization that he was in a situation that he didn't understand.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

CJHopegiver

"The promises broke, the make believe ran out."

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...