Step into the Lights and It Can Never Be The Same - new songs :)

Started by MintQR, May 12, 2016, 11:23:03

Previous topic - Next topic

MintQR

SO, the Cure played 2 new songs during the New Orleans Show. I still need to listen a bit more to have a final opinion, but my premilimary thoughts is they they both fit well into the general feel of 4:13. Of the two I definitely prefer It Can Never Be the Same.

And though they are quite enjoyable, I'd kill to listen to something more along the lines of the Promise ;P
Here's the news article with the links. What are your thoughts?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7364687/cure-new-song-video-new-orleans-tour

Ulrich

Quote from: MintQR on May 12, 2016, 11:23:03
SO, the Cure played 2 new songs during the New Orleans Show. I still need to listen a bit more to have a final opinion, but my premilimary thoughts is they they both fit well into the general feel of 4:13.

Not so much for me. Sounds a bit more like "typical" Cure, more (atmo)spheric & dreamy to me.
Very good.  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MintQR

I spent the last 2 hours listening to It Can Never Be The Same on loop. It's a good thing that I have headphones  :smth020 because I really hate people from my office staring at me when all they hear is the same song over and over for hours ;P

And yes this is very very very good, Ulrich :)))) Which one do you prefer?

disintegration

It Can Never Be The Same is a very beautiful song, I love it!
I hope the new album out soon....
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

MeltingMan

It Can Never Be The Same could be a perfect B-Side for Step into the Light.🤔
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MintQR

Quote from: MeltingMan on May 12, 2016, 18:46:52
It Can Never Be The Same could be a perfect B-Side for Step into the Light.🤔

haha, so true :D I always liked the b-sides better anyways  :twisted:

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MintQR

Quote from: dsanchez on May 12, 2016, 22:41:34
can any English speaker post the lyrics?

Hopefully this is right...

Don't worry i smile/ I'll miss you / But it's not like you're gone / Don't worry i smile / It's not like there won't be another one /  We laughed about last year / The games we played, the songs we sang / The way we danced all night / Don't worry i smile/ We'll do all those things again next time / I kissed you/ So soft, so cold, so pale/ Words are left unsaid / But we always know / I can sing / I can dance / I can laugh/ As if nothing ever changed / Without you / Without you / It can never be the same / It can never be the same / Never be the same / Never be the same / Oh don't worry i smile / I'll miss you, but it's not like you're gone / No don't worry i smile / It's not like there won't be another one / There won't be another one / There will always be regrets / There won't be another one / Lonely is all you get / There won't be another one / Memory is all that survives / There won't be another one / Without you it can never be the same / It can never be the same / It can never be the same / I can sing / I can laugh / I can dance / As if nothing ever changed / Without you / Without you / It could never be the same.

Ulrich

cheyler

I agree, and it's continuing to develop as the tour progresses.  If it IS one of the 'dark' (almost wrote 'snogs' there) songs from 2007ish, I would have loved to hear it played with Porl.  Always partial to Porl.  I am disliking Reeves' playing less and less as I hear more shows.  Might not seem like high praise, but it's certainly better than what I've been thinking for the last four years...

Ulrich

Another video of "It Can Never Be The Same" (Chicago, June 11th 2016) in good quality:

https://vimeo.com/170341628

(It probably won't show here, you'll have to click on the link.)