May 21, 2019, 08:49:53

News:

Please consider making a donation to help to sustain curefans. Learn more.


The Cure 40th Anniversary: London Fan Meeting

Started by dsanchez, March 12, 2018, 12:30:05

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

dsanchez

Curefans from all over the world will gather in London to see the world's best band and for this occasion we have prepared the following program. This a joint meetup with The Cure Community & A Pink Dream forums!

Program

Friday 6th of July

13:00 Picnic #1: In Regent's Park (North East corner, next to London Zoo)
18:00 The Hawley Arms Camden - Event on Facebook
21:00 The Cureheads gig at Camden Dingwalls (tickets £5.00)


Saturday 7th of July

11:00 Lamb & Flag pub (where Chris Parry first met Robert)
13:00 Picnic # 2: Lancaster Gate (near the fountains)
14:00 Mitre Lancaster Gate pub

Sunday 8th of July

15:00 The Cureheads '40 years of The Cure's music live on The Belonging Bandstand' (this gig takes place in Crawley)
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

chemicaloverload

Quote from: dsanchez on March 12, 2018, 12:30:05
Hi all,

Opening this topic to chat exclusively about the London fan meeting. If you're on Facebook, and event has been created and there's about 300+ people interested/going to this meeting:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1660208100729883/

The fan meeting will take place Friday 6th of July.

We're still looking for a good place to do this gathering. As we will be a large group of people, we will be requiring a place with the following characteristics:


  • Good location(somewhere in/near the area of Hyde Park/Candem would be nice, but is not mandatory)

  • Can hold up to 50-100 people

  • Serves both food and drinks to reasonable prices and/or they're willing to give a special discount to us curefans during that day

  • Willing to play music from the bands at the Hyde Park festival, i.e. The Cure, Slowdive, Ride, etc. - or even better, they allow us to use their turntable, etc. for us to play the music!



If you're an owner of a place that has the above, please let us know here or to info@curefans.com

For everyone here in the forum, please feel free to comment if there's something we're missing in these requirements or anything else you may want to add.

:smth023


Hello Sanchez, I was just wondering if any progress has been made on this, I don't have facebook to check the group. I was looking at a few bars in and around Hyde park, just to see what they were like, some really lovely Victorian ones, but please if you can message me of any developments made on this, it would be very appreciated :)
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

@chemicaloverload thanks for your interest! I will post updates to this thread as soon as I have more news... Take cure and see you soon!
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

helloimageifonly

Quote from: dsanchez on March 12, 2018, 12:30:05

Friday 6th of July

13:00 Picnic in Regent's Park (precise location TBC)
18:00 The Hawley Arms Camden
21:00 The Cureheads gig at Camden Dingwalls (tickets £5.00)



This all looks exciting :)
I am wondering if there are other fans traveling alone to London as me? This is an adventure because I've never traveled alone before and only once been in London but too long ago to remember anything that would help me now. 
My hostel is near Hydepark and I am wondering if I will be able to go to The Cureheads at Camden Dingwalls and still be able to get to the hostel after? Looking right now on Google Maps and it seems quite far to walk. Is there all night subway in London?

Thank you


chemicaloverload

Quote from: helloimageifonly on May 12, 2018, 01:35:29
Quote from: dsanchez on March 12, 2018, 12:30:05

Friday 6th of July

13:00 Picnic in Regent's Park (precise location TBC)
18:00 The Hawley Arms Camden
21:00 The Cureheads gig at Camden Dingwalls (tickets £5.00)



This all looks exciting :)
I am wondering if there are other fans traveling alone to London as me? This is an adventure because I've never traveled alone before and only once been in London but too long ago to remember anything that would help me now. 
My hostel is near Hydepark and I am wondering if I will be able to go to The Cureheads at Camden Dingwalls and still be able to get to the hostel after? Looking right now on Google Maps and it seems quite far to walk. Is there all night subway in London?

Thank you


Ah, that's wonderful you are having an adventure on your own! Always the most fun. As far as I was aware there is a night subway:

https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/tube-improvements/what-we-are-doing/night-tube

Have a wee spy there and also, night buses might also run too. Check with your Hostel to see what the cut off time is you can go back there.

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

helloimageifonly

Quote from: chemicaloverload on May 13, 2018, 22:43:05

Ah, that's wonderful you are having an adventure on your own! Always the most fun.



Hi! Yes well, I couldn't let this 40th anniversary slip away just because nobody I've asked wanted to join me. This only happens once, we live only once, the music will be excellent and there will be lots of Curefans!  ..and hopefully some Curefriends :)


Tessi

Hey dear, just found at the cure fan page:
https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/the-cure-aftershow-party-electrowerkz-tickets/7943785

There is help for those who travel alone  :) There will not be much time to get aware of it  :cool
and the rain would cry... don´t let it end.

dsanchez

I will be travelling alone too. 5th of July I arrive and I plan to sleep in Reading. 6th I plan to sleep in Camden and 7th near Hyde Park lol See you cureheads!
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

dsanchez

Quote from: helloimageifonly on May 12, 2018, 01:35:29
Is there all night subway in London?


Don't think so, but there are buses running all night :)
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

helloimageifonly

Quote from: Tessi on May 15, 2018, 13:39:39
Hey dear, just found at the cure fan page:
https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/the-cure-aftershow-party-electrowerkz-tickets/7943785

Thx for this link! I have my ticket for this :)

Quote from: Tessi
There is help for those who travel alone  :) There will not be much time to get aware of it  :cool
/quote]
:cool

Natashaspiro

i will travelling from bali indonesia to london ,hope i can join you guys there,see you!!
Another time undone..

helloimageifonly

Quote from: Natashaspiro on June 20, 2018, 14:36:49
i will travelling from bali indonesia to london ,hope i can join you guys there,see you!!


See you there!  :cool
Do you have your ticket yet?

Natashaspiro

already have the ticket,yeaaay,see you there..
Another time undone..

dsanchez

The program has been updated and is final, please check it in the first post of this thread.

See you all in the central meeting at The Hawley Arms in Camden this Friday at 18:00! I will be going to this one, to The Cureheads gig and maybe to the picnic on Sunday.
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens