"The Cure" not "Cure"

Started by nausearockpig, December 02, 2006, 09:51:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillinger

i just think your being a big girl over all this. :P

ahh man i just realized the board has more smilies  :smth067 :smth066 :smth070 :smth032 :smth078 :smth079 :smth072 :smth071

sorry but i had to get those out there haha

lostflower4

Quote from: nausearockpig on January 04, 2007, 23:37:29
nope.  :D I still can't agree with this. If we take the quick and easy way out, it leads to the Dark Side..[where have I heard this quote before?]

Why should we make stupid & inherently lazy peoples' lives easier?
Why should we make allowances for bad grammar and spelling?
Each of us makes allowances for other peoples' bad moods, bad driving and disrespectfulness in all walks of life. From office situations to when shopping or crossing the road... the list and situations go on and on..

We need to make a stand NOW!! And that stand starts with us pressuring each and every record store to move The Cure from "C" to "T"!!!!!

Anyway, I've ranted enough about a matter that really isn't of much consequence...

Imagine though, what would the world be like if each of us was moved enough by all the things that annoyed us to actually do something about it to better mankind...

I just don't agree with the alphabetization thing here. It's clearly "c" for me, and surely not out of laziness. Isn't there a rule (a grammar rule?) that the indefinite articles a, an, and the aren't counted when alphabetizing items?

Contrariwise, I've always been a bit bothered when I look at a list of bands, only the find The Cure under the "t" section. And let's admit it, if every "The" band was under "t" it would just be an insane number â€" but that's not the reasoning behind my opinion. ;)

What I HATE is when people use excessive abbreviations. That IS laziness. I remember someone on another forum kept talking about TGAB and what a great song it is. It took me forever to realize they were talking about Truth Goodness and Beauty. :roll:
And if I hear someone just casually say "RAH" one more time, I think I might explode. :smth073

RAH, RAH, RAH... WTF? Are these people all cheerleaders or something? :lol:

japanesebaby

Quote from: nausearockpig on January 04, 2007, 23:37:29
...it leads to the Dark Side..[where have I heard this quote before?]

ok i've probably been posting this to every other forum i've been to recently but it just cracks me up everytime

:smth043

Quote from: farquad92 on January 05, 2007, 22:19:51

wow, does the groovin' tiny little captain realize what he's saying here... (*=a joke*)

Quote from: lostflower4 on January 05, 2007, 22:26:02

What I HATE is when people use excessive abbreviations. That IS laziness. I remember someone on another forum kept talking about TGAB and what a great song it is. It took me forever to realize they were talking about Truth Goodness and Beauty. :roll:

yep. if i remeber right there was also a song called 'sdfway' or something like that - now THAT's a serious WTF indeed.  :smth017
and then there was also a song called 'iibetween days'... 
ok.  :roll:

Quote from: lostflower4 on January 05, 2007, 22:26:02
And if I hear someone just casually say "RAH" one more time, I think I might explode. :smth073

RAH, RAH, RAH... WTF? Are these people all cheerleaders or something? :lol:

yes!! look!:

:smth044
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 05, 2007, 22:53:21yep. if i remeber right there was also a song called 'sdfway' or something like that - now THAT's a serious WTF indeed.

The Same Deep Fuckin' Water As You... It's the explicit version. But the band didn't want the parental advisory label put on Disintegration, so they re-recorded it at the last minute.

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on January 05, 2007, 23:01:24
Quote from: japanesebaby on January 05, 2007, 22:53:21yep. if i remeber right there was also a song called 'sdfway' or something like that - now THAT's a serious WTF indeed.

The Same Deep Fuckin' Water As You... It's the explicit version. But the band didn't want the parental advisory label put on Disintegration, so they re-recorded it at the last minute.

oh sure, of course. you mean THAT explicit version of disintegration. right...
for instance there's also a song called PFFR, 'prayers for fuckin' rain'.
proof is attached...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

nausearockpig

what the f*ck's RAH? what have i missed?

nausearockpig

Quote from: farquad92 on January 05, 2007, 22:19:51

ahh man i just realized the board has more smilies  :smth067 :smth066 :smth070 :smth032 :smth078 :smth079 :smth072 :smth071

sorry but i had to get those out there haha

well that's because I am a big girl... :D

ah Royal Albert Hall... ah.... :roll:

dsanchez

Quote from: nausearockpig on December 05, 2006, 12:00:44
well then you'll have no issues with renaming the site www.thecurefans.com will you?? ;)

Actually we've just bought the domain:

http://www.thecurefans.com

will point you also to this forum  :smth023

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

nausearockpig

ah you crazy kids.. all this just to keep little old me happy.....