Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Yeah, that RATM story was getting plenty of talk around here.  Really great story.  And what a way for the fans in the UK to be thanked.  Rage has promised a free show in 2010!  :rocker

CLT - RHCP live at Slane Castle on DVD  ;)

By The Way

Check the video at 49 seconds and throughout.  Some Matrix-style camerawork going on there.  Perhaps some agents were in the crowd.  I need a moshing program ASAP :!:  :lol:

japanesebaby

oh yeah: http://www.antimusic.com/news/09/dec/19Rage_Against_The_Machine_Promises_Free_Concert_If_They_Beat_Simon_Cowell.shtml

Rage guitarist Tom Morello issued the following statement: Attention Freedom Fighters! RAGE VS. X-FACTOR WILL BE DECIDED BY SATURDAY'S SALES. Spread the word! Knock on doors! Host downloading parties! Knock over ladies buying X-Factor! The clock is ticking. And if 'Killing in the Name' is No. 1, WE ARE COMING. And it will be the victory party to end all victory parties."

damn, that would be a place to be then!  :rocker

here's a HD quality for that RHCP clip:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way & Scar Tissue - Live at Slane Castle

some cool effects.  :smth023

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 03, 2010, 21:33:40I need a moshing program ASAP :!:  :lol:

that one should be built-in. ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

How'd you like to be the last guy in to that gig?  80,000 people and being all the way in the back.   :(  I really don't think I could enjoy myself in such a venue. 

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 03, 2010, 21:56:06
How'd you like to be the last guy in to that gig?  80,000 people and being all the way in the back.   :(  I really don't think I could enjoy myself in such a venue. 

no, i wouldn't like to be the last guy (or to be any kind of guy ;)).
let's say i'd like to be there if my "bullet time" was in good shape that day. ;)

but yeah, i'm sort of afraid of such free shows. too many people and too many of them there probably if not for wrong then at least doubtful reasons.
had a slightly scary experience once in such a free show.   
anyway, one can dream. would be cool to see them live. morello is a great guitarist.  :smth023

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 03, 2010, 22:05:44
anyway, one can dream. would be cool to see them live. morello is a great guitarist.  :smth023

Yeah, Tom is the poo.  Had the pleasure of seeing him on several occasions.  With RATM, Audioslave, and solo/acoustic on the deck of a beach house where I was standing about 5' from him.  :-D  Tom Morello The Nightwatchman Interview + One-Man Revolution  Phenomenal artist. 

fiction

U.K. Subs - Party in Paris (7" version)
again and again and again and again and again and...

jbud1980

introducing palace players by Mew  :smth020

crowbi_wan

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 03, 2010, 22:13:19
Quote from: japanesebaby on January 03, 2010, 22:05:44
anyway, one can dream. would be cool to see them live. morello is a great guitarist.  :smth023

Yeah, Tom is the poo.  Had the pleasure of seeing him on several occasions.  With RATM, Audioslave, and solo/acoustic on the deck of a beach house where I was standing about 5' from him.  :-D  Tom Morello The Nightwatchman Interview + One-Man Revolution  Phenomenal artist.

I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Morello last spring. This was one of my favorite all-time moments at a concert, especially the part starting at 3:45 (I'd really suggest double clicking on the video to get to the YouTube site and selecting the "HD" option):

Street Sweeper Social Club - Promenade - NIN|JA Tour - 5.27.09

:rocker

This is my recording with somewhat better audio quality, but you really gotta see this to appreciate it!

http://www.imaginary-lemurs.com/samples/sssc2009-05-27_dpa4061.mp3

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on January 04, 2010, 08:29:07

This is my recording with somewhat better audio quality, but you really gotta see this to appreciate it!

http://www.imaginary-lemurs.com/samples/sssc2009-05-27_dpa4061.mp3

thanks for the sample, sounds pretty good, especially morello sounds awesome there, really groovy. :smth023

really too bad that SSSC didn't open for any the european NIN shows, i would have liked to see them live - so much more than jane's addiction (which i think was pretty dreadful).

CLT

one of the few smiths songs i really like:

The Smiths - I Know It's Over

(damn this embedding  :?)

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 03, 2010, 21:49:12
here's a HD quality for that RHCP clip:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way & Scar Tissue - Live at Slane Castle

By the way  ;) , RHCP have a new guitarist but the name of Josh klinghoffer.  GREAT name.  Makes me thing he's the love child of

and

and with that...

Currently listening to more RHCP.

Stone Cold Bush (live on SNL '92)

The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stone Cold Bush Live On SNL 1992   :rocker

japanesebaby

:eek: :eek: ok i'm officially afraid now  :eek:  :eek:

ps. btw does anyone have the leaked version of RHCP's 'californication', the one with clean sound? the official release is totally unlistenable, it makes even 4:13 sound bearable.

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

fiction

Hardcore Superstars - Dreamin´ in a Casket. I think that this album really rocks! It´s like a sweet marrige between (early) Alice Cooper and Aerosmith with a little twist of australian hooligans New Race.
again and again and again and again and again and...