Music for Hallowe'en

Started by SueC, October 19, 2020, 14:59:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on October 28, 2020, 01:30:40Think spooky, strange and spine-tingling

Well there are lots of those on the early albums (1980-'82), e.g. "all cats are grey"...
another one I can think of (title too!) is "Fear of ghosts" (b-side, 1989)!

I'm clueless about the clue.  :disappointed:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on October 28, 2020, 08:47:48
Quote from: SueC on October 28, 2020, 01:30:40Think spooky, strange and spine-tingling

Well there are lots of those on the early albums (1980-'82), e.g. "all cats are grey"...
another one I can think of (title too!) is "Fear of ghosts" (b-side, 1989)!

I haven't heard All Cats Are Grey enough times to remember the tune, but it may well be spooky.  It's just not one we were particularly thinking of.

Full marks for Fear of Ghosts though - that was the one I was thinking of.  Very dark and spooky.  :smth023

Quote from: undefinedI'm clueless about the clue.  :disappointed:

Ulrich, Ulrich, you have before you the great oracle of Google if you can't remember that bit of Tolkien's mythology I'm sure you must have seen when Lord Of The Rings came out.  :yum:

Avail yourself of the great oracle.   :angel 

And then I'm sure you'll make the connection to Brett's pick.

You're halfway there!   :)
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on October 28, 2020, 09:20:40Avail yourself of the great oracle. 

Well to be honest "Lullaby" was on my shortlist, but I thought "nah, that's too obvious"... :1f636:

SueC

I am imagining young Ulrich in primary school, and the teacher is asking, "What is 2+2?"  And Ulrich is thinking, "It can't be 4 because that's too obvious!"  :winking_tongue

Congratulations - you have cracked both of the mystery songs!  :smth023

And I would post some favourite versions of them in this thread, but I inexplicably keep having nightmares in which I'm being chased by stern librarians in black capes and accompanied by hungry Irish Wolfhounds, calling, "You put a book back in the wrong section! You put a book back in the wrong section!"   :1f631:   ...the librarians are doing the vociferating, not the Irish Wolfhounds BTW.

You are now eligible for the Grand Prize.  As you don't like gummy bears, the committee has decided to offer a small jar of Australian honey instead, from the committee's own hives, extracted with the committee's own elbow grease, and sent on the high seas (probably, due to cargo space shortage on planes) during the pandemic to hopefully arrive in time for Christmas.  The committee assures you they can afford to send a parcel.  The committee just saved more than half of what they expected the outlay to be for old Cure albums, by shops wishing to get rid of such things that have sat on the shelf too long...  :1f62e:   (...what's the world coming to?)
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Thanks, that's very kind. We'll see if we can work something out.  :cool

Ulrich

This is one which fits

SueC

Happy Hallowe'en, everyone! :)

SueC is time travelling