Robert Smith asks what local bands should support The Cure during the LatAm Tour

Started by dsanchez, February 18, 2013, 18:27:40

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Bob just posted this on thecure.com (see also the file attached)

"WE ARE ABOUT TO CONFIRM LOCAL SUPPORT ACTS FOR OUR LATAM TOUR... ANY IDEAS BEFORE WE DO?!!"

http://www.thecure.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=40014&cmnt=1&pg=2
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

For Peru my vote goes to Serpentina Satelite. For Argentina, it would be nice if Soda Stereo supports them, but it's impossible right now.

If you want to leave your vote do it here: http://www.thecure.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=40014&cmnt=1&pg=1
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

TheRedSinger

I thought I was the only one that doesn't want any support act for Mexico's show  :oops: , but I've seen the coments on The Cure's blog

I don't know what do you guys think about it, but I really don't like support acts. I know that it really helps the artists that do it but ehhhmmm I don't know, it would be better if in Mexico nobody plays before The Cure.

dsanchez

Quote from: TheRedSinger on February 20, 2013, 01:02:11
I don't know what do you guys think about it, but I really don't like support acts. I know that it really helps the artists that do it but ehhhmmm I don't know, it would be better if in Mexico nobody plays before The Cure.

I also prefer if no-one plays before The Cure (unless is Slowdive or Pink Floyd) but in this case it seems Robert is going to choose a local band anyway, so...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

TheRedSinger

Ulrich

Sadly I missed the support band at the last Cure show I attended (2008, it was 65DOS), as I'm always at least interested what a support has to offer (and sometimes the choice of support acts reveal some good taste by the headlining band - remember the legendary Cranes supporting Cure in '92).
In short, I always try to be respectful to the support bands by at least listening for a while.  :)
Admittedly, I've seen some awful ones too, but that's not the point...
Always remember that The Cure and any other band you love did support shows too when they were starting afresh.  :o
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

TheRedSinger