"Ten Imaginary Years" Barbarian/Sutherland/Smith

Started by japanesebaby, August 28, 2007, 18:08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero

I just got it today  :-D :-D :-D and i read it all immediately (ok it took quite a few hours...) i was surprised at the size! It wasn't cheap but really great to read and very funny, especially some of the Lol stories!
This book is amazing :rocker

Poe

Quote from: Hero on May 29, 2008, 23:31:28
I just got it today  :-D :-D :-D and i read it all immediately (ok it took quite a few hours...) i was surprised at the size! It wasn't cheap but really great to read and very funny, especially some of the Lol stories!
This book is amazing :rocker

Hey! Don't think you can hang on to that book forever! You have to sleep sometime... :smth036

Anyhow, I found some more places where you are supposed to be able to buy a copy. Perhaps they could be worth a try:

http://www.alibris.co.uk/search/books/qwork/1431725/used/The%20Cure%20Ten%20Imaginary%20Years

https://www.sheetmusicuk.co.uk/smusic/more/on/details/OP45293
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: Poe on May 30, 2008, 02:22:55
Anyhow, I found some more places where you are supposed to be able to buy a copy. Perhaps they could be worth a try:

http://www.alibris.co.uk/search/books/qwork/1431725/used/The%20Cure%20Ten%20Imaginary%20Years

https://www.sheetmusicuk.co.uk/smusic/more/on/details/OP45293

thanks for links Poe. yet i think these book sellers offer some rather rip-off prices(!). anyone looking for this should try ebay instead and they'd probably only have to spend £5 or something:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=ten+imaginary+years

(anyway i think Hero already got a copy(?), like she said.)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Poe

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 30, 2008, 07:19:22
(anyway i think Hero already got a copy(?), like she said.)

Yes I know, those links were for other people visiting the thread.

Ebay again huh? Could give it a try. I'll be looking for the book when I'm in the US, maybe I'll even have time to order it and get it there...Thanks for the link.  :D

maccatori

Anyone else wanting it, try www.abebooks.co.uk. It's a database of secondhand bookshops. Ok some are expensive, but one for £11.99.
http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?kn=ten+years&sortby=3&tn=ten+imaginary&x=0&y=0
Also Amazon marketplace £10.99 upwards!

It is the best book available, best designed & written. An update one day would be priceless!

j

Just found this thread.  I actually have 2 copies....one I originally bought around the time it first came out, and the other my wife got me a few years back, signed by Robert, Simon, Porl, and Lol!

Poe

Quote from: j on June 04, 2008, 18:56:37the other my wife got me a few years back, signed by Robert, Simon, Porl, and Lol!

Oh my. I can imagine the price tag on that. IF you'd sell it, of course, which I highly doubt...

j

Next time I'm home, I'll try to remember to get a picture of it to post here. :smth023

Poe

Well....I got my copy.  :rocker Decided to order one through amazon (second hand) and was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be in much better shape than I had expected. Not a single page read yet, but I'll be back with a comment once I've found a nice, quiet glade to settle down in for a couple of hours...see you later.  :smth039

revolt

Poe

Quote from: revolt on July 08, 2008, 11:01:59
Quote from: Poe on July 08, 2008, 10:30:20
Well....I got my copy.  :rocker

Hey, Poe, how can you headbang to a book?   ;) :-D

What better way to mark the über coolness of the occasion than with a headbang, ey?  ;)  Felt good. 8)

I'm gonna go show the book to a fellow Cure fan soon. Here she goes: :rocker

leipzigcure

This is a great piece of collection for any fan of The Cure!!!. I´ve got this great book and I can tell you that the amount of stuff between every page is amazing.

But I really wonder why doesn´t continue with the others years of the band?, why only since the year 1987?, it would be better continue the history of the imaginary years since today, don´t you?.

Cheers!!! :D
Leipzigcure "Secrets share with another girl, I Wish I was your.."

scatcat

Quote from: leipzigcure on July 22, 2008, 07:43:23
This is a great piece of collection for any fan of The Cure!!!. I´ve got this great book and I can tell you that the amount of stuff between every page is amazing.

But I really wonder why doesn´t continue with the others years of the band?, why only since the year 1987?, it would be better continue the history of the imaginary years since today, don´t you?.

not had enuff? ..  ;)

try: "Never Enough" by Jeff Apter. 

published in 2005, Omnibus Press... continues further and deeper than 'Ten Imaginary Years'. 

I think the best book yet!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

leipzigcure

Hi Friend, what´s new?.

Wow!!!, I never had seen this book before I think that is a great jewel as was Ten Imaginary Boys.

I wish get this book the more soon possible inasmuch as I love read and learn more about The Cure.

Other book very interesting is A Visual Documentary (there´s only 2 editions: 1987 and 1992) where date for date the author tell us how The Cure have changed and growed across of the years.

It is possible to get this book(never enough) in some web page as ebay or mercadolibre for mexico?.

Thanks so much for the information, I´ll try to get this book, I hope very soon.

Greetings!!!
:D :D :D

Quote from: scatcat on July 22, 2008, 18:19:56
Quote from: leipzigcure on July 22, 2008, 07:43:23

not had enuff? ..  ;)

try: "Never Enough" by Jeff Apter. 

published in 2005, Omnibus Press... continues further and deeper than 'Ten Imaginary Years'. 

I think the best book yet!  :smth023
Leipzigcure "Secrets share with another girl, I Wish I was your.."

Padme

I have this book sitting somewhere w/ all my Cure stuff & yes, it's a good book.  Never got to see 20 Imaginary Years (wasn't sure if that ever came out... I only heard there was going to be one.)  I do have the Documentary book that was revised after Teddy joined the band.  I also have "Faith" by Dave Bowler & Bryan Dray that I got @ Tower Records.  This book was published in 1995 & it features interviews w/ Tim Pope & others who have worked w/ the group over the years.  "It analyses the Cure's contribution to popular music & shows how their extraordinary success has been gained on their own terms - a triumph of single-mindedness over fashion" which is what it says on the back of the book.