Please now
Talk to me
Tell me things I could find helpful
For how can I stop now
Is there nothing I can do
I have lost my way
I've been losing you
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

piggymirror

The Kinks-Tin Soldier Man

piggymirror

Cesária Évora-Sodade

Got to see her live. Wiped the floor with most others.
ps: for those who don't know her, she was from Cape Verde, sang in Portuguese. Passed away not so long ago. I felt sad, it was unexpected.

SueC

It's hot and the nectarines and plums need to come off the trees today.  I've got one bucket of the former and two buckets of Satsumas, and the Mariposa plum to go later when the UV dies down.  Because of stone fruit harvest (plus stewing, sauce-making etc), Brett put an Audreys CD of his I'd not yet listened to on my iPod yesterday - this South Australian folk/roots outfit is just the thing for that sort of work. (However, if I get the lawnmower out later, it'll be Paris again... oddly enough I can't seem to mow lawn without listening to Paris... :angel)

Here's a really beautiful track off this album... and the words are fabulous:

This is the title track, not bad either...

SueC is time travelling

piggymirror

The Riot Squad-Little Toy Soldier

This is of course David Bowie.
It is interesting because the song contains quotes from The Velvet Underground's Venus In Furs... to be released the following year!!
Bowie (correct me if I'm wrong) got an acetate before the first VU album got released, and was so blown away by it that he instantly became a huge fan of VU, so much that he went and released this and Waiting For The Man himself, EARLIER than the proper VU & Nico album was released (!!!!!).
Never heard anything like this from anybody else.

piggymirror

The Riot Squad (David Bowie)-Waiting For The Man
Incredibly, this one, the Bowie version, was the first version of the song to be released...

HOWEVER...

This other one, recorded in 1972 with (I guess) The Spiders From Mars (and sounding a bit like Transformer), is my absolute favourite version of the song, all Bowie and Reed versions combined:

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: piggymirror on January 28, 2020, 23:50:10The Riot Squad (David Bowie)-Waiting For The Man

On the train ride home today I started listening to this track, but then about half way through needed to stop. It's not a judgement on the song, just that sometimes I find I'm feeling a bit sensitive and can only stomach really gentle music. So I press stop...

And within a few minutes a busker suddenly starts playing guitar and singing (in a busy train carriage ...which NEVER from my recollection have I seen before). What does he play... David Bowie! Starts with Sorrow, then into The Man Who Sold The World

...wow!

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

piggymirror

On a day like today...

Ulrich

Shared by The Cure on FB (band of Simon's son):

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

piggymirror

Quote from: Ulrich on February 01, 2020, 11:57:59Shared by The Cure on FB (band of Simon's son):

Bloody hell!!!  :1f62e:  :smth023 He's a star. What a voice! They have improved A LOT!!
Eden Gallup > Eden Hazard

ps-Lol's son is doing very good stuff, too, btw.

pps-acted accordingly and tried to spread the Vendettavirus on the internet. Fingers crossed.

piggymirror

Armand Van Helden-You Don't Know Me

Aaaaaah, the nights in clubs and discos...
I love house and techno. You don't? You lose.

piggymirror

Quote from: piggymirror on February 01, 2020, 23:43:36
Quote from: Ulrich on February 01, 2020, 11:57:59Shared by The Cure on FB (band of Simon's son):

pps-acted accordingly and tried to spread the Vendettavirus on the internet. Fingers crossed.

:cool  Been sent positive feedback, heeheee... Let's see if it spreads.

BiscuityBoyle

Robert Fripp is a great musician

piggymirror

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on January 29, 2020, 13:15:35
Quote from: piggymirror on January 28, 2020, 23:50:10The Riot Squad (David Bowie)-Waiting For The Man

On the train ride home today I started listening to this track, but then about half way through needed to stop. It's not a judgement on the song, just that sometimes I find I'm feeling a bit sensitive and can only stomach really gentle music. So I press stop...

And within a few minutes a busker suddenly starts playing guitar and singing (in a busy train carriage ...which NEVER from my recollection have I seen before). What does he play... David Bowie! Starts with Sorrow, then into The Man Who Sold The World

...wow!

Not long ago I was on a commuter train, and we passed a station and a lot of British tourists hopped in, the train was crowded, and suddenly three men from Eastern Europe appeared with their instruments, and started playing their music. Everybody looked a bit moody at each other like "god, please, not again"... and yet they played their thing, for a couple minutes. Everybody was looking like "hell, let it end...".

AND SUDDENLY, the begging musicians realised that the train was full of Brits...

...and they started playing "Hit The Road, Jack".

The whole train ended up singing along. Magic.

And I suspect that they earned themselves a few drinks later that night.