The Cure 40th Anniversary: London Fan Meeting

Started by dsanchez, March 12, 2018, 12:30:05

Previous topic - Next topic

helloimageifonly

Does anybody want to join me to Camden later today? I will be arriving around 4pm @ the hostel near Hydepark and will be leaving from there around 5pm I think.

dsanchez

Quote from: helloimageifonly on July 06, 2018, 10:49:30
Does anybody want to join me to Camden later today? I will be arriving around 4pm @ the hostel near Hydepark and will be leaving from there around 5pm I think.

If its for the fan meeting at the Hawley Arms I plan to be there from around 17:45. Many people of this forum will be there too. See you!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

helloimageifonly

Quote from: dsanchez on July 06, 2018, 11:42:21
Quote from: helloimageifonly on July 06, 2018, 10:49:30

If its for the fan meeting at the Hawley Arms I plan to be there from around 17:45. Many people of this forum will be there too. See you!

Yes it is! See you then :)

dsanchez

I will be wearing my Hamburg Color Line Arena t-shirt... I don't think many people will wear this so it will be easy to recognize me :P
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tessi

Hey guys, I've been to the fan meeting at 13 in regents Park but no other cure fans in that area. I was searching for 70 minutes but there was no fan meeting. Maybe they changed the venue... So now to make sure there's really a fan meeting when i go to camden... So is it for sure????
and the rain would cry... don´t let it end.

Ulrich

Quote from: Tessi on July 06, 2018, 16:32:07
to make sure there's really a fan meeting when i go to camden... So is it for sure????

Yes, David (dsanchez=Admin of this forum) has definitely booked a room there at Hawley Arms, as he said himself he will be there:

Quote from: dsanchez on July 06, 2018, 11:42:21
at the Hawley Arms I plan to be there from around 17:45.

Edit: on FB he posted this:
"Hi all! We are already in Camden. Once you arrive to the Hawley Arms go straight to the upstairs room that we have booked for us from 18:00. There will be a TV also for those who want to watch the World Cup. See you in a bit!"
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Im in here with my little daughter if anyone wants to come and say hello :)
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Candystripelegs

Is anyone picnicking in Hyde Park? If there's still a meet up, I can't find it!

Tessi

There was no picnic neither on friday, Saturday and no meeting at the pub at Lancaster gate nor at lambs and flags - I tried it all haha
and the rain would cry... don´t let it end.

dsanchez

Quote from: Tessi on July 08, 2018, 11:40:24
There was no picnic neither on friday, Saturday and no meeting at the pub at Lancaster gate nor at lambs and flags - I tried it all haha

Tessi, I am sorry to hear this. We (curefans.com) initially proposed a single meeting at the Hawley Arms (which to be honest was one of the best The Cure fan meetings I ever remember!) however,  other The Cure communities suggested a picnic which we agreed to and thought it was a good idea. It turns out, however, many fans started queuing at Hyde Park from 10am! so they did not have time for any picnic or meeting whatsoever. In this sense, it was really good to have done the meeting the day before the event, as it was the only actual time where we could all meet. In past Cure gigs we have met around lunch time (when the gig took place in the evening) and these were also well attended.

Anyway, it was nice meeting you at the Hawley Arms and I hope you had a blast!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

:kissing_smiling_eyes: Hey all cure-friends. It was great meeting all off you @Friday! Great weekend. Glad I'm back over here :rocker (seems it doesn't excist anymore :-(-
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on July 09, 2018, 10:43:41
In past Cure gigs we have met around lunch time

Someone suggested initially a dinner at Lambs and Flags around 7pm on Friday, and I liked
that idea. This doesn't work, of course, with a large group of people. I'm saying that because
of expected events in the future. I would like to attend the next meeting in any case.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Quote from: MeltingMan on July 09, 2018, 11:45:05
Someone suggested initially a dinner at Lambs and Flags around 7pm on Friday, and I liked
that idea. This doesn't work, of course, with a large group of people. I'm saying that because
of expected events in the future. I would like to attend the next meeting in any case.

Yes, that's why we booked the Hawley Arms, and we had there easily around 100 people. It was hot like hell though, but watching the World Cup, listening to The Cure and meeting other Cure fans like us it was quite an experience!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

We were watching the World Cup at the Hawley Arms and this is the very moment when Brazil is eliminated. At the same time, you can hear "End" played... What are the odds?

[/url]
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo