Good Cure DVD for a Huge Fan?

Started by JMer711, January 21, 2010, 03:51:50

Previous topic - Next topic

JMer711

My boyfriend LOVES The Cure and I recently realized that, while he has a ton of posters and all of the albums on every format possible, he only has 2 or 3 DVDs. I was thinking it might be a nice Valentine's Day gift to surprise him with one but I don't know which ones are any good.

I thought someone here might be able to help -- any suggestions of a really good one to get him? I know he already has Trilogy and Festival, and he really likes behind the scenes stuff...

dsanchez

Unfortunatelly the best The Cure videos ("In Orange", "Picture show", "Play Out") have not been released in DVD format, but just as Laser Disc, VHS or VCD (in the case of "In Orange"). Altought I don't use to recommend this, a nice gift would be to get a copy of the unofficial Orange DVD, which is a transfer from LaserDisc to DVD ;)

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: dsanchez on January 21, 2010, 12:34:40
Unfortunatelly the best The Cure videos ("In Orange", "Picture show", "Play Out") have not been released in DVD format, but just as Laser Disc, VHS or VCD (in the case of "In Orange"). Altought I don't use to recommend this, a nice gift would be to get a copy of the unofficial Orange DVD, which is a transfer from LaserDisc to DVD ;)

i would also go with orange. it's BRILLIANT!!! i love it to death (thanks david!)
it has a nice mix of the albums, great versions and also a very nice setting. it's definitely worth the trouble getting it :D
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Lucky_Cure

I've seen some Orange videos on YT. The show is pretty amazing.

PerfectBlueSkyDolls

I would reccommend Trilogy as it is TOPS!
In Orange won't be out in DVD until later this year but Trilogy was awesome  :smth023