What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Well I wasn't there with Adam & Eve, so I am not gonna comment about their romance (or whatever - they didn't have much choice anyway, eh?)...  ;)

But I do understand this sentence:

Quote from: MeltingMan on September 24, 2021, 11:42:55He has always differentiated between the thing and its expression and has warned against overestimating and absolutizing the communication media

:smth023
It doesn't touch me at all...

SueC

Here's some cartoon Kierkegaard!  :angel

Alice was way more emotionally mature than Kierkegaard and could have taught him a lesson or two on how wrong he was to extrapolate his particular personal perspective as if it inescapably affected all of humanity (which is something quite a few philosophers seem to do and it seems to me, more often from psychological projection than from anything that stands up to rational scrutiny). Also, the choices she made with her life were anything but meaningless and still reverberate around the universe through other people even though she is no longer with us (she really got love and applied it super-generously and in very practical ways - she was to love what a lantern is to light, it shone out of her), but if you're going to think the way that's lampooned in the cartoon, it's going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. (By the way, I enjoy philosophy, it's fabulous for looking at different ideas, perspectives etc, and the most fun of all is to make a synthesis for yourself out of contradictory ideas; and I don't think Kierkegaard was entirely useless. ;))

This one is also hilarious:

...and then there is this...

...and this...

You can get more here:

https://www.existentialcomics.com/philosopher/Soren_Kierkegaard
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

@ Inbals Tarot

Suddenly far away

How much sense do future statements make when Mercury is retrograde (like now) and gender neutrality is no longer guaranteed? Pure confusion. Only your hypocritical followers may find their way around.
« Hors du temps » devise mystique, exagérée,
seulement décorative; « hors de son temps »
excellente formule qui exprime non la comba-
tivité, mais le désintéressement de l'éphéme-
ride.

(La science de l'amour, Éd. 1911, p. 296.)

MeltingMan

@ Inbals Tarot

Two heavyweights

Except for the 'blond curls' everything applies. I didn't really want to wait fifteen years. 😒

Flow direction

Have you ever watched the wild salmon migrate?!

Annual reading Gemini 2022

It is quite possible that she has untied her knots from the past, but where should I classify her? Is she my friend or foe? I would like to know.
ride.

MeltingMan

Quote from: WikipediaThe biggest and most hated opponent of the fans from Halle is likely to be 1. FC Magdeburg. [20] The rivalry between the two clubs reached its sad climax in October 2016 when a supporter of Magdeburg's ultra-group Blue Generation fell from a moving train in which he was said to have been beaten by some HFC supporters. It is not yet clear how the incident came about.

In my opinion, the responsibility lies with the club, both with the HFC and with the 1. FCM, as the perpetrator(s) and the circumstances of the death could not be clarified beyond doubt. The victim was accompanied by two people, according to my information. In order to finally settle the case, it would be necessary to put the mutual rivalry aside. You owe that to the dead and his relatives!
ride.