M guitar and KB tab

Started by nausearockpig, February 12, 2006, 13:29:44

Previous topic - Next topic

nausearockpig

Does anyone have any good [correct] guitar and KB tabs for M?

Curetastraphy

I used to know how to play on Keyboard after I heard the bournemouth 83 version, but I forgot it. I try to figure out again :)

Your FRiend, CURETASTRAPHY

nausearockpig

Cool.. it seems that it's very difficult to find correct tabs for The Cure songs on the net.. most of the tabs i find seem to be put together by people like me who don't really have a clue....

Janko

I frequently think about the matter of tabs...

I almost never need tab for any cure song. If you listen good and have well tuned guitar - you can play every cure song there is...

Allthough - there are some problems:

Problem 1 : PORL'S SOLO'S are magnificant but so hard to figure out!!!
Problem 2 : EFFECTS there are layers upon layers of them so its really hard to figure what to use and when...
Problem 3 : KEYBOARDS are SO IMPORTANT without them solelly guitar never sounds so good
Problem 4 : Usually there are 3 to 4 guitars on album's recording (plus bass plus 6string bass) so it really NEVER sounds AS good when you play it in your band

So, allthough there are problems - neither covers the issues of first four or five albums...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Anonymous

i think M starts with Em and C for the verses, then the other bit ("you fall in love with somebody else tonight") goes C, B, Em, G. theres also a sort of bridge section which is Am, Gm, F#m, which resolves to B and then back to the verse chords. the guitar uses just a bit of chorus and hardly any distortion. similar sound in 'play for today'.

regarding effects, for most of the songs, i think the guitars mostly use distortion, chorus, flanger and delay. that also really helps when you dont have a keyboard player.

hope this helps!!!!!!! :D  :smt035

strange_day

that last post was me, must remember to log in! :roll:

nausearockpig

cool.

i'm all over the verses, just need the other bits.

will test tonight when i get home.

thanks for your help.
J