the best cure cover you know?

Started by KingOfSomeIsland, February 23, 2007, 19:04:45

Previous topic - Next topic

sues777

Thanks very much for the link KingOfSomeIsland - I'd not heard this before.  Great cover!!  IMHO made all the better by Porl's awesome playing.. 

I'm now tossing up between Plant and Page's version of Lullaby and the Deftone's version of If Only Tonight We Could Sleep.... 
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

tetanus

I hate Cure covers.  Although I must admit that I liked Tori Amos covering the Cure.  What attracts me in Cure songs is Robert's voice, no cover can ever get that close to his voice.

Greetz, TT

sues777

Quote from: tetanus on May 17, 2008, 20:14:14
What attracts me in Cure songs is Robert's voice, no cover can ever get that close to his voice.

I completely agree tetanus!!  I'm not a big fan of Cure covers myself for that very reason...I chose my 2 fave covers (Deftones - If Only Tonight I Could Sleep and Page and Plant's Lullaby) because I think they're still true to the originals but the singers have injected their own styles into the vocals, which I happen to like anyway.   
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

tigermilk

This 2 disc album has simply the best covers you'll hear.  :smth020

DroidAKov

I'm not a huge fan of Cure covers but I may need to check out this new CD.

Ones that I've liked to a certain degree in the past were Bats For Lashes(Can't remember what song so must of been GREAT!!) Editors doing Lullaby here in Glasgow and Nouvelle Vagues A Forest and One Hundered Years

tigermilk

Quote from: DroidAKov on November 07, 2008, 13:22:25
I'm not a huge fan of Cure covers but I may need to check out this new CD.

Ones that I've liked to a certain degree in the past were Bats For Lashes(Can't remember what song so must of been GREAT!!) Editors doing Lullaby here in Glasgow and Nouvelle Vagues A Forest and One Hundered Years

The Bat For Lashes song is 'A Forest' and it's on the PERFECT AS CATS album.

scottm

"But real lives are the reason why
we want to live another life." - Out of This World

fiction

I have to say that the Swedish band Her Majesty´s cover of Boys Don´t Cry is the best of the more than hundred covers I´ve heard. I think that RS is possibly a bit disappointed that he didn´t take it out this way himself.
again and again and again and again and again and...

AStaticWhiteSound

The Deftones IOTWCS cover is awesome. I like how their singer sounds like he really means what he is singing. Lots of emotion there.
A charcoal face bites my hand... My Cure guitar and bass covers

fiction

Josh Rouse´s version of A Forest is another great cover and also Cinnamon Toast´s version of Piggy in the Mirror. :smth059
again and again and again and again and again and...

R.J.S

:-Dyo creo que el mejor cover es "hello i love you"
Bogarry

Trust...

WONDERFUL cover from Pictures Of You  :smth060

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxZX8LpFOKo

Look at the kids there faces!
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

erpomata

fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

TheyCallMeP

The Smashing Pumpkins version of "A Night Like This." It sounds unique in its own way like a pumpkins song and Iha (I think its him singing anyway) doesn't try too hard to be Robert Smith. The Deftones cover is also very good.

OWEI