Cure tabs

Started by splitmilk34, September 01, 2005, 15:52:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Poe

I won't get my guitar back until next week, so I can't try these out yet, but they look fab! Thanks!
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 01, 2008, 08:53:27
Quote from: lostflower4 on April 01, 2008, 02:19:22

But these "professional" tab books often have mistakes. It's really embarrassing sometimes. :oops:

true. these printed sheet music books are also sometimes pretty bad and inaccurate.

I can't remember where I've mentioned this before, but in the Wish guitar tab book, it just says "ad-lib" for From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea solo.

Yeah, that's helpful.  :roll:

Poe

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 01, 2008, 09:21:59
I can't remember where I've mentioned this before, but in the Wish guitar tab book, it just says "ad-lib" for From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea solo.

Hihi, you mentioned it here, earlier in this thread. ;) Helpful it is, indeed...hrm.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

scatcat

it's cool.. i ad-lib all the time, 'cos i can't remember chords..  :oops: :smth090
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 01, 2008, 08:53:27
Quote from: lostflower4 on April 01, 2008, 02:19:22

But these "professional" tab books often have mistakes. It's really embarrassing sometimes. :oops:

true. these printed sheet music books are also sometimes pretty bad and inaccurate.

yes i know that, it's one of the classics. :oops:
i guess everything porl ever played is just 'ad lib' - hey great. everyone can play like porl: just ad-lib you know, that's all it takes...
and that's some really hard work from the dude who sit down to write the transcriptions  ("hmmm, how does this one go... oh:'ad lib' - ok i'm all done, now please hand me my check mr. publisher thankyouverymuch!"). i can imagine he really had to sweat over his salary there.  :roll:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 01, 2008, 20:59:33
Quote from: lostflower4 on April 01, 2008, 09:21:59But these "professional" tab books often have mistakes. It's really embarrassing sometimes. :oops:

[/quote]

yes i know that, it's one of the classics. :oops:
i guess everything porl ever played is just 'ad lib' - hey great. everyone can play like porl: just ad-lib you know, that's all it takes... [/quote]

Hey, let's not forget that Robert played this on the album.  8)

But much of the guitar in "Cut" is ad-lib too. Not sure who played what there...

I honestly think that some of this transcription stuff is done by machine or something, because it almost seems systematically inaccurate, if that makes any sense. I mean, a lot of of different books (by different bands) are wrong in similar ways.

Some are better than others, though. You don't see any "ad-lib" stuff for Van Halen guitar books, but as always, the mistakes (sometimes very obvious) are there.

Cure Freak

i've had no real luck in finding keyboard tabs, except for a couple of songs.
one i got from you tube.
I've been learning by ear.

japanesebaby

a detail - guitar tabs by robert:

(from curenews issue #16/1995)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

mint car

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 30, 2008, 19:37:30
a detail - guitar tabs by robert:

(from curenews issue #16/1995)

:shock: :shock: thanks, I love such like things  :P