Pedals used for the ending of All Mine '82

Started by Curetastraphy, April 20, 2007, 03:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlib

Quote from: strange_day on April 26, 2007, 19:15:19
Quote from: Adlib on April 26, 2007, 17:58:54
Now, compare the Jazzmaster with a Schecter... I can tell you the UltraCure is not a guitar that's made for me. Without touching it, just by looking at it, I know I would never buy one (and listening the results doesn't make want to investigate any further).

Conclusion : what's good to Robert's ears is not anymore for mine...       

I actually own one and i can certainly tell you that it sounds amazing, its got a big beefy sound. Robert only uses the bridge pickup as far as im aware, that, combined with whatever his amp/pedal settings are make it sound the way it does.

Its got a very powerful sound to it, when i use it with loads of distortion and delay, its great. It plays better than 90% of the guitars ive played aswell, good action with no buzzing. It plays and sounds better than a Gretsch which i tried in a shop, which was more than double the price..........and yes its huge, but thats also great, you dont feel like youre going to break it, im also mainly a bass player so that probably comes into it aswell.
Its definately a love/hate guitar....based on looks and sound, but its a no-nonsense thing unlike these guitars that can produce a million different sounds which every 'proper' musician has to own, i mean really, who cares? As long as it does what you want it to. 

Happy to see you happy... ;)

Look, here is a non negociable deal : I keep my 5 Jazzmasters, you keep your Schecter, and everything is fine...  8)

Between love & hate, I clearly made my choice... If I want a powerful guitar, I know where to go, and it won't lead to Schecter in any way. See, I don't use distorstion with Jazzmasters, because they're not meant for it. If I want to remove the dirt off the floor, I use other guitars (for example a SG), that's it... ;)

Shall I add that beween a Jazzmaster and an UltraCure there is a single common point ? Robert Smith  :lol:
When the wise shows the star, the fools look at his finger...

strange_day

5 Jazzmasters?!! bloody hell, i cant even afford 1, let alone 5.

I think all this comes down to personal taste at the end of the day and i respect that, its only a bit of fun.
Although i think Jazzmasters sound amazing with distortion  8) all the best bands use one. The point was trying to make was that i dont think you can simply dismiss a guitar based on the make, or how it looks. Whatever sounds good to that particular person is fine. Youn can have wonderfully expensive gear, with name to go with it, but ultimately it could still sound awful.
Its what you do with what youve got that counts.....

I.e. Woolworths top 20 - debut album...... ;)

Adlib

Quote from: strange_day on April 26, 2007, 20:38:25
5 Jazzmasters?!! bloody hell, i cant even afford 1, let alone 5.

I'm lucky... But Jazzmasters are just a part of my pets... Whether it's a tiny part or a big one, I won't talk about it here.  ;)

Quote from: strange_day on April 26, 2007, 20:38:25I think all this comes down to personal taste at the end of the day and i respect that, its only a bit of fun.

Good points. My personal tastes don't lead me to modern Schecters. I've played on brilliant ones ('80s Stratocasters & Teles replicas), but they were up to 20 years old... :oops: As a matter of fact, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. If you've fun and feel fine playing with this one, that's the main point.  ;)

Quote from: strange_day on April 26, 2007, 20:38:25Although i think Jazzmasters sound amazing with distortion  8) all the best bands use one.

They sound lovely on overdriven amps. When it comes to distortion, they're just as noisy as a bee nest... But once again, that's a matter of taste.

Quote from: strange_day on April 26, 2007, 20:38:25The point was trying to make was that i dont think you can simply dismiss a guitar based on the make, or how it looks. Whatever sounds good to that particular person is fine. Youn can have wonderfully expensive gear, with name to go with it, but ultimately it could still sound awful.

If I dismiss MODERN Schecters, it's because I've been playing with a bunch. They never impressed me in a positive way soundwise. When it comes to the aesthetics, well, they're not my cup of tea (except maybe for the Banshee model and the Corsair - I hate the headstock though). They sound like they are made for one particular kind of music, pushing the volume always amounts to the same : a nasty sound (and I mean it) I'm not physically prepared to hear. 

Quote from: strange_day on April 26, 2007, 20:38:25Its what you do with what youve got that counts.....

Exactly.  8)

Quote from: strange_day on April 26, 2007, 20:38:25I.e. Woolworths top 20 - debut album...... ;)

You meant to say "the Silvertone" didn't you ?  ;)
When the wise shows the star, the fools look at his finger...