Robert Smith talks New Album - Hot Press

Started by Trust..., August 25, 2011, 20:12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

ROBERT SMITH TALKS NEW CURE ALBUMThe Cure's mainman opens up in the new issue of Hot Press The Hot Press Newsdesk, 24 Aug 2011 Not too long ago, Robert Smith was telling Hot Press of his love for the late Phil Lynott and in the upcoming issue, we've got the Godfather of Goth Rock once again, this time waxing lyrical on singer-songwriter John Martyn and a whole host of other subjects.
High on the agenda is the forthcoming Cure album, which will be their first since 2008's 4:13 Dream. Cureheads everywhere will be happy to hear that no new collaborations will be getting in the way of its completion.

"I think between now and this time next year The Cure will take precedence over anything else" says Smith.

Elsewhere, Roisin Dwyer has a cosy chat with the not-so-glum-at-all Smith about the Cure-In-Chief's contribution to the new John Martyn tribute album, his relationship with Derry's Japanese Popstars, and why Irish fans didn't get to see his band in 2007.

It's all in the new issue of Hot Press, on shelves now.

http://www.hotpress.com/archive/8190474.html

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

That's the reason why I am not going to Bestival: I know the boys will tour next year.

By the way, again Robert lied the fans regarding South America, we are almost September and nothing on the horizon for the rest of the year! :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on August 25, 2011, 21:57:00
That's the reason why I am not going to Bestival: I know the boys will tour next year.
Maybe we made the right choice.... ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on August 26, 2011, 11:09:23
Maybe we made the right choice.... ;)

Yeah! I love The Cure, yet I can't afford about 500 EUR or more going to England (if I add 100 EUR I can make it to Peru instead!)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Update on Robert's Interview (COF)

QuoteKeith will send a scan soon, but until then, he's provided a summation of the key points from the interview:

1. Talks again about wanting to work with Severin again and that The Glove would be top of his list of future collaborations !

2.He's looking forward to Bestival because they havent played a proper Cure show in years. "its the longest we've ever gone" without a show. He hasnt decided what they're going to do or how they're going to do it.

3. He says it will kickstart them back into work again and into the second part of the album!!

4. He's not sure if the band wants to complete the follow up to 4:13 dream. They're kinda avoiding discussing it!!

5. As the years go by the tours get shorter...so that's why they don't do dates in every country anymore. to keep the shows fresh he feels you have to reduce the amount of shows. Bands who flog themselves to death end up as imitations of themselves.

6. Two more collaborations done and will come out this year but he can't talk about either of them.

7. However between now and this time next year The Cure will take precedence over anything else "Until I get the second half of this album out I wont do another collaboration"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

By the way, again Robert lied the fans regarding South America...

I don't think he "lied" (as lying is intentional misinformation), I just think that plans can change, especially tour plans. I'm quite sure Robert didn't want to say untrue things to fans...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on August 31, 2011, 17:56:38
I just think that plans can change, especially tour plans.

Hmmm I think with South America his plans always change :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on September 01, 2011, 00:07:26
Quote from: Ulrich on August 31, 2011, 17:56:38
I just think that plans can change, especially tour plans.

Hmmm I think with South America his plans always change :?

According of what I was reading on COF

No show in Mexico this year, but maybe 2012

While it was never confirmed by any official source, just newspaper rumors, that Cure show in Guadalajara, Mexico is not happening this year: "I just spoke with a promotor last week and he told me it was scheduled for November of this year, but the guys changed the date to 2012." (Thanks Chris)

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on September 01, 2011, 09:01:41

Mexico is North America, not South America. Plus, The Cure have played there several times (not as in South America)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on September 01, 2011, 11:00:23
Quote from: Trust... on September 01, 2011, 09:01:41

Mexico is North America, not South America. Plus, The Cure have played there several times (not as in South America)

Right ! Sorry  :oops:

But Robert wrote:

(HOWEVER, IF YOU LIVE IN SOUTH AMERICA, YOU MIGHT CONSIDER WAITING A WHILE BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET... YOU NEVER KNOW... )

So I thought when you live in South-America it must be easier to go to Mexico then Sydney or Isle of Wight Uk ... Poor South-Americans  :( 

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on September 01, 2011, 11:17:39
So I thought when you live in South-America it must be easier to go to Mexico then Sydney or Isle of Wight Uk ... Poor South-Americans  :(

not accurate. A ticket Lima - Mexico DF can be as expensive as one Lima - Madrid. Plus we would prefer to see the boys in our continent.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on September 01, 2011, 11:27:28A ticket Lima - Mexico DF can be as expensive as one Lima - Madrid. Plus we would prefer to see the boys in our continent.

Of course, who wouldn't?
But a ticket to Madrid won't use you that much when they play Sydney or the Isle of Wight. Or would you go swimming there from the coast of Spain?  :lol:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

scatcat

Quote from: dsanchez on August 26, 2011, 20:48:30
The complete interview

http://www.pbase.com/craigparker/hot_press_august_2011

why they keep on calling him "Goth"? :?
I haven't yet watched this complete interview David.. But I can say that.. back in the Olden days  ;) ( circa 1979.. for u youngan's!!) there was no other catergory, but "Alternative" .. which The Cure were classified under, Down Under.. My youth was called 'Goth', or ' Mod' .. NOW they call it 'Goth' or 'Alternative'. That is here. ( IN OZ)  :smth023

thanx for the link David!!  :)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Ikissedyoursmile

I wonder why they're not discussing the second part of the 4:13 album. That's seems a little odd to me...