The Cure Chords on Guitar

Started by Jencantgetthathigh, October 29, 2012, 22:47:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Jencantgetthathigh

Hi cure fans, at the moment I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar, with The Cure as my inspiration. I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me the chords to the song, or send me a link to the chords. The main songs im looking for are High, Pictures of You or Lullaby.I've been looking for a while now on the internet and YouTube but I can't find anything decent. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks for reading.

Matti

Have you tried Amazon? There's at least four Cure songbooks (Standing on a Beach, Disintegration, Wish, Greatest Hits) you can or could buy. Sureley they're available second hand.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

Sodoura

I figured JLH's chords out myself. ^_^

I started on piano, thinking it went like as A - F#m - D - A.
I figured my mistake while playing on Guitar. XD

It is actually A - E - Bm - A
I don't know the bridge yet.

For The Perfect Boy

verse:
D - G6
Chorus:
Bm - G - D - G
Where fantasy and fun come to life...

lostflower4

Quote from: Sodoura on April 09, 2015, 22:56:01
I figured JLH's chords out myself. ^_^

I started on piano, thinking it went like as A - F#m - D - A.
I figured my mistake while playing on Guitar. XD

It is actually A - E - Bm - A
I don't know the bridge yet.

Actually, Just Like Heaven is four chords most the song, plus two more in the bridge/ending (and the same "D" chord again but in a higher position

Here is something I drew up quickly as it is very much burned into my memory:

Make sure to pay close attention to the exact fingerings and total notes per chord... It is *the* difference between sounding authentic... or not. I will spare you countless examples of dreadful covers.  :twisted:

lostflower4

Random, but I was recently playing It's Not You and quickly confirmed it's all-too-obvious relation to The Hungry Ghost, right down to the key... But it is the weird/open string chords that give its unique flavor, and I have yet to see a correct transcription of this song on the internet, so I thought I would share:

These are just the chords to The Hungry Ghost written out in the order they appear in the song as something of a rough outline to navigate through the chord changes. Listen to the actual song to get the timing down.   :P

I am open to any suggestions/corrections, especially on some of the chord names, which may be "technically correct" but perhaps have more logical alternatives out there somewhere... ?