eye-mouth

Started by angel, March 12, 2007, 00:17:24

Previous topic - Next topic

angel

why is not "eye-mouth" in deluxe kiss me album?;
...nothing would ever be the same again...

Oso Blanco

Quote from: angel on March 12, 2007, 00:17:24

Because the deluxe editions are half assed attempts at throwing bones to hungry fans. Undoubtedly, in the year 2050 there will be another series of deluxe editions with ALL the songs, PROPERLY MASTERED and UNCUT.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

rodney

like there will be anyone who cares in 2050.  I was unaware that the deluxe editions were supposed to include every single tract.

rjl

Quote from: angel on March 12, 2007, 00:17:24

Aggravating, isn't it? Especially when every bonus disc leading up to that one was chock full of wonderful home demos, fragments, outtakes (including completed ones, such as "Winter"), etc. Considering all of the stories regarding the KMKMKM sessions, and how it was the group's first truly collaborative effort -- which must have resulted in a mountain of tapes -- I'd been salivating in anticipation of that bonus disc ever since the TIB re-issue.

Suffice to say, I was pretty disappointed - and clearly not alone given the statement that Robert issued a short while after the release (check the archives at COF... last August, I believe). In summary, he had two bonus discs assembled: the one that was released, and one that was more in the spirit of the previous ones (and hopefully contained Eyemou/Eye-Mouth).

Apparently Robert keeps some very strange (or very boring, depending upon how you look at it) company, as everyone he asked about the two discs preferred the one that was ultimately released, which, aside from "The Kiss", wasn't that terribly interesting...

Maybe in 2050, who knows?

Maybe a box-set, in the spirit of that limited-run 7-CD "Funhouse Sessions" that Rhino did for The Stooges?

I'd totally buy it.

Oso Blanco

I liked the Kiss Me studio demos, I wish we had more of them instead of those lo-fi live tracks.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...