European travel this summer

Started by j, November 15, 2006, 19:42:56

Previous topic - Next topic

j

My son is going to an ice hockey camp in Prague this July.  My wife and I are flying over with him, getting him settled, then are planning on visiting a city or two during the week before heading back to Prague to pick him up.  It is a boarding camp where he will be staying in a dorm, so we do not need to stay in Prague.

Anyway, we have never been to Prague, so we will most likely spend a day or 2 there, but we want to go somewhere else we haven't been before- mostly Eastern Europe.  We have done most of the bigger cities west of Munich/Berlin.  Any suggestions?  Are there any cheap airlines that fly out of Prague?

We are looking at maybe Bucharest, Budapest, Warsaw, or St. Petersburg (I know- it isn't in the EU!).  We also considered Venice, but have heard that there is an odor problem that time of year.  We have a friend in Moscow, so maybe we will visit her.....

[labyrinth]

if you've never been , Rome could be a good choice ;)

lawrence

Yes Roma, is a great choice, it seems to be a wonderful town, and my friend Marco won't say the contrary, will you???
:-D :-D :-D
i'm lost in a forest

(passarinho)

And wy not Portugal ,is a hot country lots of beach very beautiful and its cheap and have one of the best night live in europe ,bars and discos open all night until the morning,great wine ,and first of all its EUROPE ,i mean Lisbon or Porto.

About the WINE ,the Cure song (the blood) its about a Portuguese wine.
Can you see the real me

j

Thanks for the suggestions.  We leave the US in 16 days.  We'll be doing 2 days in Dublin visiting (and drinking heavily with  :smth078) friends, then Prague for 3 days, Vienna for 2 or 3 days, maybe Salzburg or Budapest for a day, then back to Prague for a day, London for a day, then finally back home to rest after our vacation!  :smth015

dsanchez

Quote from: j on June 11, 2007, 19:43:59
Thanks for the suggestions.  We leave the US in 16 days.  We'll be doing 2 days in Dublin visiting (and drinking heavily with  :smth078) friends, then Prague for 3 days, Vienna for 2 or 3 days, maybe Salzburg or Budapest for a day, then back to Prague for a day, London for a day, then finally back home to rest after our vacation!  :smth015

If you go to Prague and Vienna, you really should take a look to Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. Is just 45' from Vienna and really worth to see it.

Take a look!
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=bratislava

You might contact Margita (Curefan member who lives in Bratislava) for further details?

Enjoy your trip!

David.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

We had considered it.  We were initially going to fly from Prague to Bratislava, then take the train into Vienna.  However, for slightly cheaper, we can take the train all the way to Vienna from Prague, and after figuring on checking in at the airport etc, it is about the same amount of time.

South America could be next in our journeys, David.  We have seen most major cities in Europe (with the exception of Oslo and Helsinki- Marika hasn't invited me yet  :lol:) and my wife is now itching for South America, New Zealand, and Australia (although the last 2 will have to be when the kids are out of the house- only 13 years, 8 months, and 8 days until the youngest one is 18 :smth023!!)

dsanchez

Quote from: j on June 11, 2007, 22:08:32
We had considered it.  We were initially going to fly from Prague to Bratislava, then take the train into Vienna.  However, for slightly cheaper, we can take the train all the way to Vienna from Prague, and after figuring on checking in at the airport etc, it is about the same amount of time.

South America could be next in our journeys, David.  We have seen most major cities in Europe (with the exception of Oslo and Helsinki- Marika hasn't invited me yet  :lol:) and my wife is now itching for South America, New Zealand, and Australia (although the last 2 will have to be when the kids are out of the house- only 13 years, 8 months, and 8 days until the youngest one is 18 :smth023!!)

You're welcome anytime if you come to Peru!. In the meantime, hope you take the chance to visit Bratislava, too!. Enjoy the trip!

David.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

erpomata

hey
italy is a very nice place, despite of its politicians or the religious state we host  :evil: so roma, napoli, firenze , siena, venezia, milano...no, milano no  :-D all cities deserve a trip.
and maybe one day i'll have the pleasure to have lawrence here  :-D
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

(passarinho)

if you want to come to Portugal i can meet you in lisbon and show you the City.
And meet others Cure fans here .If not have fun. :rocker

Ah...and Prague is very beautiful,i have been there and for me its one of the most beautiful citys in the world.
Can you see the real me

Aarna

Prague is a must-visit any time of the year. Also Romania is quite a sigh but a bit out of the way...
[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on June 11, 2007, 22:08:32
We have seen most major cities in Europe (with the exception of Oslo and Helsinki- Marika hasn't invited me yet  :lol:)

:oops:

i was 110% sure i had posted an invitation in this thread but seems like no...  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

but i hope you had nice time in europe - AND the next time: please do be very welcome to helsinki too!  :D
anyway, where did you end up going?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

We did a night in Dublin (the wife and kids visited friends for dinner....I went on a booze rampage with my former co-workers!), then 8 days in Prague, then a day in London.  We initially planned on going to Vienna for 3 days, but decided to stay in Prague instead because it was so cheap!