Members going to the 2008 shows - meetings

Started by Lady, November 10, 2007, 12:11:41

Previous topic - Next topic

cat_pet

Just a few changes!

I will NOT be able to attend the Paris gig, but I will be in Rotterdam.

So for Europe I have tickets for:
1. Antwerpen
2. Oberhausen
3. Rotterdam
4. London

Also I will be at the DC gig for the North American tour. So....
1. DC
2. Boston

thanks!  Hope to meet some more great curefans.

cat_pet

Quote from: Cure Freak on February 01, 2008, 20:04:04
Quote from: Meddy on February 01, 2008, 03:00:26
Really Absinthe legal?  Wow, I haven't heard anything about that.  I am staying at the Radisson that isn't too far from the arena for the Chicago tour.  I have never been east of the Mississippi so I wouldn't have a clue as to where a good meeting place would be...
Just legalized last year, in the US. I've ben wanting to try it. Now, I can. :D
Sorry for going  a bit off topic. :oops:

Maybe the moderator can move this!

In the USA there are 3 Absinthes available:

1. Lucid
2. Kubler 53
and
a pseudo-Absinthe called
3. Absente

very low thujone in any of them.  I have only tried Lucid, but the liquor store across the street has the Kubler which I plan on getting.  The Lucid made me feel very mellow and it gives me great dreams.  Don't feel like I've been drinking the next morning.  I prepare it French style since it does have a louche.  The Kubler doesn't louche so probably is better to serve Czech style.

melly

ok... what's Absinthe?? with it only just becoming legal in the US., and with brands such as "lucid"  :shock:  AND having "thujone" ( what's THAT!!??) in it, it sounds, well, have it in a dark corner somewhere sort of stuff  :smth025... got my interest up here... and seeing as though there are plenty of Cure fans who are going to have it, this is one Aussie who would like to know WHAT IT IS!!!...  :-D  thanx...

oh yeah..."I prepare it French style as it does have a louche.... what is a "louche"??  :smth100

I'm starting to think I have led a very sheltered life... :smth083
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

lostflower4

I've never tried absinthe either, but it's basically a highly alcoholic drink with various herbs added (especially wormwood) to enhance the mind-altering effect.

Sounds like pretty crazy stuff.

Meddy

We should definetly move this convo, and try to plan something for after or before the show.  I am game, if anyone else.  I have led a pretty sheltered life, and I am ready to break free of my box.
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

lostflower4

Quote from: Meddy on February 02, 2008, 05:44:18
We should definetly move this convo

There actually is separate area for this kind of thing, but we demoted it to a child board due to its inactivity in the past.

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/board,9.0.html

As there is a full-on tour ahead, maybe it's time to make it a regular section again?

Meddy

Yes, that sounds good; especially if we are talking about alcohol, my move it from the one that is child oriented.

lostflower4

Quote from: Meddy on February 02, 2008, 05:59:22
Yes, that sounds good; especially if we are talking about alcohol, my move it from the one that is child oriented.

:lol:

I don't know if you were joking, but "child board" simply means a sub-section that isn't listed as a main area in the forum.

scatcat

Quote from: lostflower4 on February 02, 2008, 04:32:37
I've never tried absinthe either, but it's basically a highly alcoholic drink with various herbs added (especially wormwood) to enhance the mind-altering effect.

Sounds like pretty crazy stuff.

Vincent Van Gough drank it regularly, as it was popular in Paris , then he cut his ear off!!   ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Meddy

Sorry, my head isn't totally clear.  I have had an extremly rough week.  We have had very cold weather, and I think my head is still thawing.  (I mean it was -80 below windchills a couple of days ago, and I woke up at 4:30 and my furnace had gone out, I could see my breath, and my water had froze.)  I am sorry for the mistake. :shock:

melly

oh...now you see I thought a "child board" was an area for younger cure fans to go to... you know.....child..... so don't worry Meddy you are not alone!!   :smth023

I have taken this conversation to the link supplied by lostflower4.... so we don't clog this thread up with talk of strange liquor!!! see you over there!! I need to know more!!   :smth026
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

takaros72

pavilhao atlantico lisbon portugal
oberhausen germany