Started by wish-man, October 19, 2008, 14:21:26

Previous topic - Next topic

wish-man

:D :D :D

well, The Hungry Ghost from 4:13 Dream is up here:

http://www.imeem.com/thecure/playlist/yw0QAatZ/413_dream_music_playlist/

and mp3 version is on Demonoid  :roll:

:D :D :D
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

patitodark

Hey! thanks for the info ;)

The studio version of this song has Robert singing like in the past! a mix between Kiss Me x3 and Wish. It´s good to hear him singing with REAL energy. Much better than in the past three albums. It´s really good to have Porl back too!
Thanks wish-man!

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

mahood

Quote from: patitodark on October 19, 2008, 22:05:54

a mix between Kiss Me x3 and Wish. It´s good to hear him singing with REAL energy.

if only.
it only reminds me of "never" on the last LP, hysterical self-parody to the maximum of the worst things he has to do vocally since he decided to be a "great" singer.
as if some douchebag from star academy, popstars or whatever it's called in every country wanted to cover just like heaven, adding "yeah" "whooa-aho-whooooo", & singing "whoooappiiiiyeah-he-nessssswhoh" instead of just "happiness".
i just don't get these studio versions, sorry for breaking the mood  :oops:
signs, flowers, weapons and balloons

patitodark

Quote from: mahood on October 20, 2008, 01:33:16
if only.
it only reminds me of "never" on the last LP, hysterical self-parody to the maximum of the worst things he has to do vocally since he decided to be a "great" singer.
as if some douchebag from star academy, popstars or whatever it's called in every country wanted to cover just like heaven, adding "yeah" "whooa-aho-whooooo", & singing "whoooappiiiiyeah-he-nessssswhoh" instead of just "happiness".
i just don't get these studio versions, sorry for breaking the mood  :oops:

Hey! I totally agree when you say that in the last album (actually from WMS to The Cure) Robert was making a self-parody, etc.   :-D  but this time I feel him more sincere. I´m talking about The Hungry Ghost, I haven´t heard the others in studio version.

I can feel he is doing all the whoooooooo or yeahs "naturally"  :?

It´s my opinion. I hope to feel the same in the rest of the songs...

P.S. The "yeah" at the end is too much, hahaha I agree  :-D

AndyTheCureFan

i can't stop listening to it, and i hated the fact that you had to sign up for imeem to hear the clip. so i recorded it and put it up on Demonoid. Can't wait for the rest of the record.

revolt

The studio version can already be heard on You Tube:

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=tumRlLpvUdQ#18

Unfortunately Robert's singing is annoying here. One of the few really good songs on the album and he has to ruin it... Way to go, Robert! :roll:

B-Flower

Well, I listened to the studio version of Hungry Ghost. I think it's lovely, the effects on the chorus don't annoy me at all. Call me stupid and deaf but I don't see  hysterical self-parody here  ??? The vocals are fine, better than in Rome, actually.

So I really don't understand what the negative fuss is all about  :o
How time will heal, make me forget?!
YOU PROMISED ME!!!

mahood

Quote from: B-Flower on October 21, 2008, 15:57:32
Well, I listened to the studio version of Hungry Ghost. I think it's lovely, the effects on the chorus don't annoy me at all. Call me stupid and deaf but I don't see  hysterical self-parody here  ??? The vocals are fine, better than in Rome, actually.

actually, it's not the effects on the chorus that annoy me, it's the way he forces his voice on each syllable --- i just prefer him singing more direcly, as is the case live. i mean, he is a great singer, of course not opera-like great singer, but who cares --- i'll leave that to celine dion and her cohort. his voice is peculiar enough not to have to be theatrical like this.
and so, well, the negative fuss is only proportional to the deception i felt hearing this. had the new songs been bad, i would just have let it go. but they're not.
now, i won't repeat this ad nauseam, because the great news is, we have an excellent recording of the whole album played live, which is fine enough for me. call me stupid or deaf, i'll stay with the rome version  ;) and be happy with it.

revolt

Quote from: B-Flower on October 21, 2008, 15:57:32

Well, I didn't use the words "hysterical" and "self-parody"... But the vocals on the studio version have these sound effects and mannerisms that are totally unnecessary and that sound annoying to my ears. They work against the song, in my opinion. It's nothing really new, because Robert has had this kind of "wrong" approach since WMS... It's not something that can be found on all songs on all albums, but it's something he hasn't been able to get rid of... And I can't understand why.

mahood

Quote from: revolt on October 21, 2008, 17:00:09
Well, I didn't use the words "hysterical" and "self-parody"...

no, revolt, that was me.
"hysterical" may not be the more appropriate term, i admit. i used "theatrical" shortly after, which i guess goes along the "mannerisms" you mention.
anyway, it is nothing new indeed, but it never bothered me that much, even on the blue sunshine demos.

B-Flower

I never meant to hurt someone's feelings - I just wondered why almost everybody dislikes a pretty good song (the studio version of it, anyway), that's all! And if somehow I offended you - i'm sorry, really.... I need to be more careful with word choices - english is my second language :cry: :oops:
How time will heal, make me forget?!
YOU PROMISED ME!!!

revolt

Quote from: B-Flower on October 21, 2008, 21:46:10
I never meant to hurt someone's feelings - I just wondered why almost everybody dislikes a pretty good song (the studio version of it, anyway), that's all! And if somehow I offended you - i'm sorry, really.... I need to be more careful with word choices - english is my second language :cry: :oops:

As far as I'm concerned, I didn't feel offended at all, so there's no need for any apologies. We have just been discussing our opinions on the song, no one has gone too far in any way, I think.

mahood

Quote from: revolt on October 22, 2008, 11:17:02
As far as I'm concerned, I didn't feel offended at all, so there's no need for any apologies. We have just been discussing our opinions on the song, no one has gone too far in any way, I think.

same here, no problem at all.

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo