2011.11.15 London - Royal Albert Hall (England)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2011, 18:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

"Mint Car" and "Piggy And The Mirror" would make my day.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: Trust... on October 11, 2011, 18:37:19
Quote from: Lady on October 11, 2011, 17:23:35
Quote from: Tof on October 11, 2011, 16:29:45
what songs do you think they will play during the encores ???
I'm pretty sure they'll play the same encores of Sydney... ;)
I guess and hope it's the same, as long they play Charlotte Sometimes it's ok for me, then I have everything I want :D
Yes!!! The Hanging Garden, Plastic Passion.....and Charlotte Sometimes of course, my dream!!! :smth049

Btw I'd like to listen to "Cold", "The Same Deep Water As You"...ok I'm asking too much, ahahah! :D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: Mary on October 11, 2011, 16:00:36
I give up
They told me tickets are sold out

Roger Waters concert in Prague last April was sold out. Still, I managed to find a ticket (altough I had to pay more for it). So just keep looking, concert is still in one month.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

disintegration

I also think the will play the same encores of Sydney!
I've like very much to listen to "The Figurehead" instead of "Thye Hanging Garden", and also "Lament"... it would be great!  :smth020
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Lady

Quote from: disintegration on October 12, 2011, 14:48:40
"The Figurehead" instead of "The Hanging Garden", and also "Lament"... it would be great!  :smth020
:smth055
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

mrs.pinkeyes

hej you to you all!!
my first cure concert was  on 16. 11. 1996 so this years london show would be somekind of a 15-year-anniversary for me.
i planned to invite my boyfriend to the trip to london and the concert (it would be his first time to see the cure live - can you imagine???) as a birthdaypresent - oh YES i am the sugarmomma :)
so p l e a s e   :smth100 i need two tickets - arena standing would be PERFECT  :smth023 but anything else would be more than fine as well  :smth100
but either way it turns out: i wish everyone attending the concert a great and blasting show - as it surely will be :)
cheers from vienna,
mrs.pinkeyes

dsanchez

Quote from: mrs.pinkeyes on October 13, 2011, 19:43:49
cheers from Vienna,

are you in Vienna? I am in Bratislava and going to Vienna next week probably, maybe we can meet. About the tickets, keep on eye on this topic as we will publish if we know something. We had some tickets available right after they were on sale but now they are gone. Good luck! And welcome to Curefans.com! :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Some tickets available (From COF):

Geoff - "A friend has asked me if i know of anyone who wants to buy a stalls ticket. Stall M, Row 8, Seat 130. If anyone wants to get in touch with me then i can sort things for them. I have my own circle ticket.....but may swap it and pay the extra if someone would rather have the cheaper one. geoffcherrill(at)hotmail(dot)com."

Tom - "I have an arena standing ticket going for face value (£100 plus booking fee) for anyone who can tell me the best reason why they should get the ticket.......No crude offers thank you!" Leave your reason in the COF comments by Oct. 14th at 17:00 UK time.

Johnnakis - "I may have some tickets for sale in the Grand Tier (from some friends that may not be able to come), I will know for sure around the end of the week. If anyone is interested, email me at cuctua(at)freemail(dot)gr and I will let you know as soon as I get confirmation from my friends."
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

mrs.pinkeyes

hey mr. sanchez - yes i am in vienna, so in fact, not really far away from you :) are you comeing to vienna to see velvet condom perform?
i wrote to all the people who announced on cof that they have spare tickets, so lets hope it works out - it would be such a great present [also to me i have to admit :)]
cheers,
m

dsanchez

No, I am going to Vienna for an administrative thing at the British embassy. Were you at the And Also The Trees concert last week? It was awesome! See you!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

I was reading this on COF Thanks to Craig/theloudestcure.com  :smth023

Important update from Bob on thecure.com, scroll down to the text in bold for the important announcement. Good luck to those who didn't have a ticket :smth023

RS THOUGHTS ON RAH REFLECTIONS TICKET SALES

[I WROTE THIS LAST WEEK, BUT DIDN'T POST IT... NOT REALLY SURE WHY I CHANGED MY MIND... SO ALTHOUGH SOME OF THE INFO MAY BE A LITTLE OUT OF DATE, THE ESSENCE REMAINS CURRENT] > I REALIZE THAT BY PLAYING A LIMITED NUMBER OF MORE INTIMATE VENUES THERE WILL INEVITABLY BE A NUMBER OF DISAPPOINTED FANS WHO CAN'T GET TICKETS TO OUR SHOWS - AS WAS THE CASE IN SYDNEY EARLIER THIS YEAR... BUT I ONLY WANT TO PLAY THE 'REFLECTIONS' SHOW A FEW MORE TIMES BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR IN VENUES SIMILAR TO THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE I CHOSE THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL IN LONDON, THE PANTAGES THEATRE IN LA AND THE BEACON THEATRE IN NYC BECAUSE THEY FEEL RIGHT THE TICKET PRICES REFLECT THE NATURE AND COST OF STAGING THE SHOW - THE HIGHEST PRICES ARE UNDOUBTEDLY EXPENSIVE, BUT I AGREED (AS I INVARIABLY DO WITH REGARDS CURE SHOWS) WHAT I FELT WAS A FAIR PRICING STRUCTURE WITH OUR AGENT AND PROMOTER... WE WILL BE PERFORMING AROUND 180 MINUTES OF MUSIC... AND SOME RAH TICKETS WERE MADE AVAILABLE FOR AS LITTLE AS £25...

I AM AWARE THAT SOME DISAPPOINTED FANS HAVE BEEN AIRING CONCERNS AT WHAT THEY SEE AS A CURE RAH SHOW "SOLD OUT TO TOUTS"... SO I PUT THESE CONCERNS TO OUR UK AGENT AND OUR UK PROMOTER (BEARING IN MIND THEIR CAVEAT "It's important that the public isn't made aware of the precise details of how the promoters and ticket agencies track down resellers, or this will just make them more careful and harder to locate" THE FOLLOWING ARE SELECTED EXTRACTS FROM THEIR FULL REPLIES TO ME) OUR AGENT WROTE: 

• measures taken to limit touting / re-selling of tickets: only 'trusted' ticket agencies were used – companies who the promoter could rely on to go by the rules laid down for this show

• 3 outlets in addition to the RAH box office

• ticket purchase was restricted to 4 per person

• agents were instructed to check for touts and members of the public re-selling their tickets and to cancel tickets in those cases

• sales were restricted to on-line – no 'over-the-counter' sales (where touting is more of a problem)
    to be as fair as possible to everyone, no pre sale was done – but even if there had been a pre sale the promoter suspects that there would still have been tickets being bought as a speculation and re-sold
    so far around 60 tickets have been cancelled, and checks will be ongoing

• ticket re-selling is a major problem, but as you know our promoter has a reputation for being particularly diligent in this area and is doing everything physically possible to limit the scale of the problem - It is estimated that there are currently some 200 tickets being offered for resale – and some of those will be the same tickets being offered via different websites. Although high, that number is actually quite a small proportion of the total tickets sold – and quite a lot less than has been seen for other shows of a similar stature. The implication is that the vast majority of tickets have gone to real fans who will be happy to simply turn up and see the show.

• The measures put in place would have made it very hard for tickets to end up with anything other than members of the public  - most of the tickets being advertised for resale are pairs of tickets, so the likelihood is that the resellers are mainly fans themselves – buying their 4 tickets in order to go to the show, and sell two others (perhaps covering the cost of their own tickets)

• Here's an example of one ad:

This is a ticket  to see THE CURE's REFLECTIONS show at the Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday  November 15th, where they'll be performing their first 3 classic  albums in full. This ticket is  for STALL L ROW 2 (centre stage side of the walkway), offering a fantastic  view of the stage. I'm also selling  one more ticket (see my other auctions) for the seat right next to this one, unfortunately I cannot list the exact  seat numbers as there's a chance ticket agents will cancel these tickets, so  please don't ask. I bought these  tickets for 2 friends who sadly can't make it to the gig, so here's your  chance to see The Cure play this one off UK  show. As soon as I  have the ticket in hand I will send it on a Royal Mail Pre-1pm Guaranteed Next Day service free of charge (UK buyers only).

AND OUR PROMOTER WROTE: "The biggest problem we have nowadays is that the majority of the tickets touted are not being sold by professional touts - they are being sold by people who consider themselves genuine fans but who make it a point to buy the maximum number of tickets they can, and then look to make a bob or two by selling off the ones they don't plan to use".

PERSONALISED TICKETS AND/OR TICKETS TIED TO CREDIT CARDS/ID ON THE DOOR WERE NOT AN OPTION... OUR PROMOTER AGAIN: "It would not be feasible to have credit cards / ID checks on the door for every ticket - because of the capacity of the RAH, you'd never get that many people into the venue in time. We are able to do it for the Gallery because that's a relatively small number of people"

(AND TO BE ABSOLUTELY EVEN HANDED, THIS FURTHER COMMENT ON MY THOUGHTS!!! "In his "Thoughts", Robert has not touched on the fact that the show sold out in a nano second and was x50 times over subscribed before sold out notices went up!") HOWEVER, BASED ON THE SMALL PERCENTAGE OF TICKETS ACTUALLY TURNING UP FOR RESALE, I AM REASONABLY SATISFIED THAT "The implication is that the vast majority of tickets have gone to real fans who will be happy to simply turn up and see the show."

IS A FAIR SUMMARY AS WE HAVE NOW FINALISED THE RAH PRODUCTION, A FEW HUNDRED "IN THE GODS" GALLERY STANDING TICKETS WILL SOON BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR £37.50 - THESE WILL BE THE LAST TICKETS TO BE SOLD - AND WE WILL BE SELLING THEM WITH THE 'SECURITY MEASURES' MENTIONED ABOVE IN PLACE... WE WILL THEN WAIT AND SEE IF ANY OF THESE TURN UP FOR RESALE! NEWS OF HOW AND WHEN THESE GALLERY TICKETS WILL BE PUT ONSALE WILL BE POSTED HERE AT www.thecure.com SOMETIME VERY SOON... ONWARDS! RS

PS AND WHAT'S ALL THIS 'FINAL SHOWS' MUTTERING? THAT'S MY JOB!

Posted by CURE:ROBERT on 10/16/2011 9:55 PM (GMT-04:00)
http://www.thecure.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=36681&cmnt=1#s_comments_anchor
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Hey Trust! Just noticed you published this before me, I just formated the comment of Bob on thecure.com because otherwise it was impossible to read. This news just came to my attention through our friends at theloudestcure.com Cheers and good luck again to those trying to get the tickets!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Sussex

Curefans.com members attending the show:

the cure ultras palermo
Trust...
disintegration
Lady
Tof
Druide
lullaby
nosigner
x-phile
carliofandango
theloudestcure
gabriela
danny999911
Jakso   
Lacrima_Mosa
Mary
dsanchez

Im so glad that this is not a dream anymore. I can feel the adrenalin as well! Enjoy the show guys, cause it'll be the one that you"ll never forget for your entire life.

O im so happy that u guys will have a meet up and what no,and this is RAH we are talking about. The very same feeling if you remind me of SOH.

And the ENCORES??? cant wait!!

My heartbeat has stopped now thinking about all the memories, and now it's your turn guys.... :smth023
"Thick As Shit"

billee

:D Will have to start counting sleeps soon

:smth039 Hi Sussex
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo