2008.02.27 Zürich - Hallenstadion (Switzerland)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2007, 19:48:05

Previous topic - Next topic

[labyrinth]

all the thanks go to lacrima mosa, he keeps us updated song by song, often commenting what was happening...

fantastic...

really!

:-D

and now....
R O M E ! my show

CrimsonD

Back from gig. Guess, in which ear I hear buzzing. ;)

Is it just me, or Robert sings "other" instead of "arab" in "Killing an arab"?

[labyrinth]

you're right!
it is "Killing Another" now !
well, at least since the 2005 shows ( the song did its debut after 5 years in the Taormina show)

CrimsonD

Quote from: [labyrinth] on February 28, 2008, 00:01:04
you're right!
it is "Killing Another" now !

Thanks :) I kind of didn't pay attention to that in Warsaw gig. (probably was singing along there :))

crowbi_wan

Thanks for the play-by-play announcements, Stef.  Your color commentary was great, too   :D  And thanks to you to [labyrinth].  Excellent teamwork  :smth023 

soulmate

Just back from Zurich! It was quite a good show... even though I would have liked it to last even longer :( Maybe next time in Paris!
Didn't really pay attention to the lyrics of killin an arab... but you must be right!
Time to go to bed now!  :smth020

Sussex

Thanks lacrima mosa for the coverage..
Glad to know Other Voices was there.. 8)
"Thick As Shit"

maluflower

Quote from: [labyrinth] on February 27, 2008, 23:10:37
the venue was strict and they had to finish at 11 PM

I didn't even know venues had curfews... it's too bad they had to finish by 11 p.m. It sounds like it was an amazing show. Other Voices was a bit of surprise, maybe soon there will be a Faith encore (could definitely see this happening in Rome!)... I think I've seen one listed on a few setlists but for some reason they don't play the songs.

Thanks lacrima mosa for covering the show.  :-D

vnvrum

i m so tired from the aftershow party, but if u are working for the right company U  have no choice. :smth100

so for short best songs for that evening: M and play for today.
Worst song: LGTB, I do not like the guitarssssss here...

Again, standing in front of porl. During the beginning his amplifier behind him was that loud, that already in the first row your were blowed away and also much distortion. After A Strange Day  it was better.

I liked plainsong as always. Porl did a good job with the keyboard parts on the guitar. But he has many problems (during the gig), he changed his guitar sometimes 3 to 4 times during one song...'''??? Besides what robert was singing, it was sometimes harsh what he was playing, but on some moments he was brilliant.

To Wish Impossible Things was for me a very personal expierience, I couldnt remember the last time i have heard it.

As always during Never Enough robert was walking the stage. AND BEST MOMENT in the concert:
Simon went to Porl, and than what.
Porl kissed Simon direct on his mouth....
Simon looks first a bit disoriented.

SAD, that I dont took a picture of that. Also Robert looks that he enjoys playing, and one time, when he looked direct to the audience, he began to SMILE. Yes, Realy smile, so the OLD Man could see much more than 2m? It was before Pictures of You.

On Inbetween Days and Close to me Porl was killing me with his great guitar playing. Im not the guitar hero, and i miss keyboard, but what I have heard from Porl, it impresses me strong. THANKS Porl for attending the CURE again. You do a good job.

A Forest was as always with another ending, and simon crahes his bass with the last energy he had... COOL.
Thats for now. Waiting for Jupiter Crash.
So much of gravity.

cu vnvrum

moai

great show, great setlist.
for my first time to hear/see to wish impossible live.
have anybody a record from this show?

CureCrusader

Quote from: CrimsonD on February 27, 2008, 23:58:47

it was sung as 'killing another' in Melbourne. To my utter dismay!   :smth011
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

heissi

Hello,
I was in Zurich last night and saw the cure for the first time without keyboards, I must say that I've missed them. There are too many songs who don't sound right without them and during which Porl isn't on top (To wish impossible things for example was completely failure). He didn't stop whit changing guitars even in the middle of songs. (seemed to have big problems whit them). Other voices was the night's surprise. The best titles for my part where The baby screams (powerfull), Pictures of you (marvelous sound, wonderful lights and mad audience), Push and Fteotdgs (always so extraordinary live).  The first encore was really good (but I missed the keyboards on A forest introduction), the pop encore saw Robert leave his guitar and went from right to left of the stage playing with the public. I really hate Freak show and while Close to me, Porl began again with his guitars problems and played only a couple of seconds but the song worked well with only drums ans bass. The third encore was powerfull as usual, but short.
This was my 8th Cure concert, not the best but the longest !!

vnvrum

Quote from: CrimsonD on February 27, 2008, 23:58:47

the others are right: listen to other concerts, than u know and pay attention to the tone, it is now different from the old original version...

cu vnvrum

soulmate

Quote from: moai on February 28, 2008, 17:36:15
great show, great setlist.
for my first time to hear/see to wish impossible live.
have anybody a record from this show?

Not me :( but I really hope someone did record it!
There was a guy in front of me who recorded videos of most songs so let's hope he'll put them on youtube... We just have to wait and see I guess...

japanesebaby

hi everyone,

there's a very nice selection of new live pics uploaded in the 'european tour 2008' folder, thanks for the person(s?) who shared these!  :D

anyway, could you please tell us who you are/were and especially from which gig these pics are from? i assume they are from zürich (since there's also a pic of a zürich ticket), but please confirm this.
so, uploader, where are you....? please... :)

we'd like to keep the gallery pics organized, and it would also be nice and useful to know from which concert every pic came from.
i'm sure everyone would appreciate this - as we often want to find pics from particular concerts, the concerts we ourselves attended...

:!:

i've added this sticky topic concerning this matter, please read:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4625.msg43323.html#new

thanks for reading.
and hello, our uploader....? please show yourself... ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine