Who has been the best opening act ever for The Cure?

Started by dsanchez, July 16, 2016, 21:35:02

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Excluding festivals, perhaps:

1) Cranes during the Wish Tour
2) 65DOS during the 4Tour
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

u-a-b-f

to my point of view NO support act ist the best support act for a Cure concert ;)
it's kind of wasting time listening to another band while waiting for the Cure to start their concert. I've enjoyed Dream Tour with no support act (except France with boring Ekova) a lot.

Apart from that Mogwai was the best support act. 

Ulrich

Quote from: u-a-b-f on July 19, 2016, 12:16:46
it's kind of wasting time listening to another band while waiting for the Cure to start their concert

I don't agree. It can be boring/tiring if you don't like that band, but as I said on this forum before: keep in mind that The Cure (back in the 70's) was support act to other bands too.
I'm always listening with an open mind (or try to), there might be a great band to discover.

Indeed, when first listening to Cranes supporting The Cure in '92, I was like "waiting" for the Cure instead of really enjoying it (which was a mistake, as I came to like the Cranes)...
Mogwai was also on the bill in 2002 when I saw The Cure at Hyde Park, were impressive & I went to some of their own gigs since then.  :)
(Cranes were also there, this time I enjoyed them much more!)

Sadly I missed 65 DOS back in 2008.  :(
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

BiscuityBoyle

The Scottish fellas who supported them on the North American tour weren't very interesting, I thought.