2008.06.15 Duluth - Gwinnett Center (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:08:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Krakr

That's just amazing how this US tour is ending!
What a setlist, can't wait to hear the show.

Just a silly comment, Euro tour was very standard in terms of setlists : not complaining, I just loved Paris show and was so lucky to attend it but I knew 80% of the setlist.

Here, I'm just so impatient to get up in the morning to see what happened on the last concert!

Does anybody else feel the same?

We can perhaps expect to get finally the full Faith encore, Same Deep Water as you or Bloodflowers set again, who knows?

Cure seriously rocks!

mint car

I don't hoped that they will play Charlotte Sometimes. It's cool  :smth038

cure4ever  :D
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

Plainsong

Yeah so Atlanta was AMAZING. I nearly broke a vocal cord screaming when Charlotte started! Robert was having a lot of fun last night.
We were right on the rail in front of Simon. Robert sang Let's Go To Bed right to us. My life is pretty much complete.

fear_of_ghosts

It was a truly great show indeed. I heard them soundchecking with "Charlotte Sometimes" and even though this doesn't always mean they'll play it, I was kind of prepared to hear it. Mind you, this didn't keep me from freaking out when they actually did. I was super-pleased with the setlist, especially the encore of 17 Seconds songs.

I know security was extremely tight, but I really hope that someone was able to record the show. Has anyone heard anything yet?
The further I get from the things that I care about, the less I care about how much further away I get...

Plainsong

I really hope someone was able to record too. Security was awful there about searching bags but they were also very hit and miss. Hopefully someone got lucky!

lostflower4

Quote from: Plainsong on June 17, 2008, 23:28:32
I really hope someone was able to record too. Security was awful there about searching bags but they were also very hit and miss. Hopefully someone got lucky!

I'd be more concerned whether anyone was trying to tape in the first place.

Getting gear into venues is easy.  ;)

Plainsong

Hahaha yes...I've read that thread about how to get recording devices into venues and it was certainly eye-opening! ;)
It would be a shame if this show went untaped, especially since I thought the sound in the Gwinnett Center was quite good. We were front row and the sound was still very clear, and that wasn't the case when we were up close like that at the Shrine or the Santa Barbara Bowl.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Plainsong on June 18, 2008, 00:16:47
We were front row and the sound was still very clear, and that wasn't the case when we were up close like that at the Shrine or the Santa Barbara Bowl.

I know exactly what you mean about the Shrine.  I was right up there and could barely hear Robert when Porl was full blast and ran into the same thing in San Diego.  But then being further back at the SB Bowl I could barely hear Porl as he was never much in the PA mix.   

Being super close has its advantages as far as the intimacy goes.  At the Shrine I almost felt like they were playing some tiny club just for those 80 of us in the pit.  It's not the best place to tape from because you're not really hearing the PA and that's mostly where the vocals are coming from.  Any vocals I picked up there were coming from the monitors.  Regardless of the distant vocals, I'd not trade that rail spot for anything.  That was truly a wonderful experience!  :D 

Plainsong

Yes it was! Being up close like that is just...WOW. If I want to hear great sound I can always listen to a CD, is my feeling. Being able to see the guys from only a few feet away is worth sacrificing some audio quality.
But in Atlanta the vocals were SO clear even in the front row--I was really surprised! It was great.

fear_of_ghosts

Ahh, my dream has come true! Some kind soul (Brent) has uploaded the whole show and the link is posted over at COF. It's in mp3 format, but it sounds excellent. Everyone head over there pronto and get this one!  :-D
The further I get from the things that I care about, the less I care about how much further away I get...

liquidvizions

Quote from: fear_of_ghosts on June 20, 2008, 08:35:50
Ahh, my dream has come true! Some kind soul (Brent) has uploaded the whole show and the link is posted over at COF. It's in mp3 format, but it sounds excellent. Everyone head over there pronto and get this one!  :-D

i dont see it over there.
:(

APinkDream

I was there! My first Cure show ever!
I was majorly pissed that the Gustapo-like security at the Gwinnette Center did'nt allow cameras or even phones inside. I so wanted pictures to remember this by.
But, apart from that, it was more than I could have hoped for. My seat was floor level, close enough to the stage to see my Robert in all his glory .......... sigh  :oops:

I had first heard Underneath the Stars from youtube and really hoped they played it in Atlanta. I just about wet myself when they opened the show with it!

As we arrived at the venue, and were walking from the parking area to the auditorium, a tour bus drove past us and around toward the back of the buildings, ........ could this have been The Cure on board? I like to think it was, so if anyone knows any differently, just let me hold on to my delusions, lol. Then a few minutes later, just time enough for them to make their way off the bus and inside, we heard the sound check, ..... Charlotte Sometimes!  :D

I met so many great ppl there and had a blast. I will never forget it. I still really wish though that there had been pics and some decent vids uploaded on youtube of this event. I've seen the pics and vids uploaded from the other events, and I still say they looked and sounded so much better in Atlanta. ............. and for those who insist on calling Robert " FatBob "  ......... STOP IT!!!!!! he is no where near fat, not even a lil chunky! He was absolutly purrrrfect!!!!
RIO SUNRISE **** ON A STRAW
I RUB MY HEAD AND STAGGER OUT THE DOOR
AND HEAD INTO THE BRIGHT NEW BEAUTIFUL DAY
AND THE WAY SHE PULLS ME IN
SUCKS MY BREATH AWAY

I ASKED HER FOR SOME TIME
AND SHE JUST MADE ME IT
I ASKED HER MAYBE WHY?
AND SHE JUST GAVE ME IT

NEVER SMILE
NEVER STARE
SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE AT ALL