2008.12.19 "RS: I can't see a long future for The Cure", World Cafe, WXPN-FM, US

Started by dsanchez, December 25, 2008, 16:46:23

Previous topic - Next topic

fiction

I really don´t see the big issue with the Cure disbanding or not. It would be much worse if all their records suddenly disintegrated into thin air and was never again to be found. All your downloads, all your cd:s and all your vinyls just slaughtered and poured in tiny particles down any drain in your residence. Now that would be a hard hit to tackle. But come on You guys, band DO disband. But there is no reason not to still like all their music and still sharing moments of lying down an enjoying, totally absorbed by, for instance, The Exploding Boy.
again and again and again and again and again and...

Trust...

Quote from: fiction on March 31, 2009, 00:22:33
I really don´t see the big issue with the Cure disbanding or not. It would be much worse if all their records suddenly disintegrated into thin air and was never again to be found. All your downloads, all your cd:s and all your vinyls just slaughtered and poured in tiny particles down any drain in your residence. Now that would be a hard hit to tackle.

That would be aw full, I should cry my eyes out  :smth088

Quote from: fiction on March 31, 2009, 00:22:33
But come on You guys, band DO disband. But there is no reason not to still like all their music and still sharing moments of lying down an enjoying, totally absorbed by, for instance, The Exploding Boy.
:smth023 but ...

I can't live with the thought I could never see them live again  :smth011 So they have to go on  :D
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

fiction

Quote from: Trust... on March 31, 2009, 12:39:20
I can't live with the thought I could never see them live again  :smth011 So they have to go on  :D

Yes the live shows will be hard to participate if the band disolves of course but then again, this is the time we are living in and I myself would very much have liked to attend a show with the Doors wile Jim Morrison was alive. Also I´m a bit envious (how do you spell that?) of a friend who´d seen The R A M O N E S three times, one in NY and two times in London. But there´s nothing much to do about that.
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on March 31, 2009, 15:32:17

Yes the live shows will be hard to participate if the band disolves of course but then again, this is the time we are living in and I myself would very much have liked to attend a show with the Doors wile Jim Morrison was alive. Also I´m a bit envious (how do you spell that?) of a friend who´d seen The R A M O N E S three times, one in NY and two times in London. But there´s nothing much to do about that.

like i regret i never got to see jeff buckley - but since he's not with us anymore there's nothing i can do about it.

since bands do disband, i'd much rather see the cure disband before they become a caricature of themselves. or robert still trying to sing after he's lost his voice (and sounding like siouxsie for instance).
with that said, it doesn't mean i'd wish to see them disband soon. i just mean that there are worse things than seeing your favorite group disband, at least for me, for instance having to be completely ashamed for an artist you once admired would be much worse.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

You are right, so we may not complain, The Cure is still alive  :D And nobody can took away what we allready have in our memories.  ;)

Trust...

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 31, 2009, 17:28:32

like i regret i never got to see jeff buckley - but since he's not with us anymore there's nothing i can do about it.

since bands do disband, i'd much rather see the cure disband before they become a caricature of themselves. or robert still trying to sing after he's lost his voice (and sounding like siouxsie for instance).
with that said, it doesn't mean i'd wish to see them disband soon. i just mean that there are worse things than seeing your favorite group disband, at least for me, for instance having to be completely ashamed for an artist you once admired would be much worse.

Yes, I understand, you're right, the music may not loose the perfection we all want. And everything ends sometimes, I just don't hope it's gonna be soon  :? And I will take all the chances I have to see them live.  :smth020

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: Trust... on April 01, 2009, 08:32:26

You are right, so we may not complain, The Cure is still alive  :D And nobody can took away what we allready have in our memories.  ;)

i just wish i had more memories, but i would prefer watching an amazing DVD over attending a really really bad show in maybe 10 years or so... everything has to end someday. I'm convinced that robert will now when it's time  :roll:
that doesn't make me happy though. but hey I still have a hundred years to live ( maybe.. ) and somebody is gonna come up with a time machine... if not I'll just do it myself :!:
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

VeraCure

emsywink

I haven't seen them live yet either. My biggest regret was not going to Coachella. That looked like such a session :L
"...I will kiss you, I will kiss you. And we shall be together"

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: emsywink on September 07, 2009, 17:18:39
I haven't seen them live yet either. My biggest regret was not going to Coachella. That looked like such a session :L

i wasn't on the right continents at the right time...
but we will see them cause i don't think they could ever stop making music :) they'd go crazy!!! (well crazier ;) )
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

emsywink

I wasn't on the right continent either :L Yeaah I hope they go on and on and on. I'd hate to never see them live :(

Eire

They've never played live near me; I only hope they do eventually.

Meh

I really hope the Cure discography doesn't end with 4:13 Dream. :(

I didn't like it that much, and I can say that 1 year on from it.

emsywink

Quote from: Meh on October 21, 2009, 15:32:01
I really hope the Cure discography doesn't end with 4:13 Dream. :(

I didn't like it that much, and I can say that 1 year on from it.

I think I agree with that. Bloodflowers would have been a good album to finish on. But I'm pretty certain they won't be stopping just yet (:

Carnage Visor

If they do eventually end, I just hope that doesn't mean no more Robert Smith. I really like his presence in music. He really knows what he's doing, and it would be a shame if he just dropped out of music altogether.

I mean, if U2 is still going on...now there's a band that needs to end. Their best two albums were their first two...