*1980s Bands/Singers THEN And NOW*

Started by Carnage Visor, September 25, 2007, 00:37:38

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

~    A-HA how ever its spelt, the band who sang 'take on me'.   ~Dam they still look Grrreat !!   If thats them, . .

Best 6 min 80's tribute   www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMp87xsrdlk  -a musical version of this thred, but no The Cure  :? but still good    :smth020

Siouxsie_

Rogue: I will let the comic tell the story.

(From A Chain Of Flowers.)

ROGUE

Siouxsie, thats cute, thanx

"you bastard you pissed on me boot !!!!"   :lol:

Carnage Visor

Is that for real? Damn...they did a lot of stupid things! I also read that they swam around in a fountain NAKED? Why would they do that?

Anybody got a BEFORE AND AFTER of TALKING HEADS?

j

One of my favorites....then and more so now- for many reasons!!! :smth023  Terri Nunn...

Then

Now

Cure Freak

Quote from: Janko on September 27, 2007, 16:35:21

NOW:

GUESS WHO!

The guy on the far right could be a Patrick Swayze double.  :)

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

:rocker  God thats a pissa !!!!!   STILL LOVE IT.  And he's wearing the kick arse heels too YYYEEEEEEHHHHHHH.
Reminds me of last night, since Carnage V mentioned he wanted to wear big/high heel boots to school-  :smth023

I been on an 80's flash-back ever since !!!! Is still conjures up the beast I LOVE IT. That was just the best medicine hey !!!       This Thred Rocks !!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZb3Xya7jQ8   - my 80's Anthem    -reason Blackie stands like that is because of the giant boot stilettos he is wearing- AWSUM still turns me on. And at the end that strange head banging thing he does.  (ok, i try restrain myself from going on about it too much now....think i have mentioned it in 4 different threds,  oopsie pooopsie :twisted:  )

Edit ~ I read on the WASPnation.com website, that they also had to cancel Nth American tour too, think dates are similar-ish? not sure, (i see), but anyway,- from memory,....they said record label thing....??? coincidense ?

ROGUE

I JUST WANTED TO POST AGAIN,

BECAUSE I HAVENT FINISHED WITH MY 80'S FLASHBACK, YET,     A PURELY SELFISH REASON...........AHHHH I KNOW.   :smth020

Remembering my brother listening to Iron Maiden, and first KISS- but i was about 6-7 or something- very young- and loved kiss, then enduring Iron maiden, and Metallica- grew up to like them too, and then my brother- Music pounding through to my room started with the FLOYD - Yes PINK FLOYD- that at the time gave me the shits, but later i appreciated it.

and just before i went to College it was all with the  Michael Jackson, Thriller, and yes i loved it at the time,   Feel like iam confessing something awful here....
and then Billy Idol, The Cure before and always.

lordsquidy13

Ugh... i hate this band. Yet The Result is so Hilarious!

Dead Or Alive

Then

Now

The Cure aren't wearing THAT much make up now, are they?

Cure Freak

Wang Chung

then

now
"everybody wang chung tonight"

Steve

Best thread I've read for a long time. Nice one CV
The arch goff Eldritch 1985

& now
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Cure Freak

Oh, yes, who could forget Sisters Of Mercy.

Another band, an American one- The Cars.

then

now

They did emerge in the 70's.But their popularity didn't start til the 80's.

Steve

Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Janko

THAT GUY FROM THE CARS IN THE MIDDLE LOOKS LIKE HE ROCKED IN EARLY 60'S NOT 80'S...

BUT, REALLY - EVERYONE LOOKS BETTER NOW!!!
OR IS IT JUST FASHION FACTOR...

HERE'S A TROUBLING ISSUE:

EARLY:

LATE:

THE GUY LOOKS THE SAME!
YEAH, JUST LIKE SIMON!!!
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason