The Cure to play in the Werchter Festival 2009?

Started by dsanchez, January 18, 2009, 19:49:46

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Among other bands, The Cure would play in the Werchter Festival, this year.

Nothing confirmed yet, but it would be worth to keep an eye here

http://www.rockwerchter.be

-thanks Lullaby for the info ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

pink ego box

That would be cool because I plan on going over to Europe this summer and could stop there for this. :smth023

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

lostflower4

Well, I'm always skeptical about these sorts of announcements. But this time it just might make sense.

Ever since 1990, they've played the festival every 4-5 years (1990, 1995, 2000, 2004).

So...  ;)

Trust...

Yes you're right, it makes sense ... 5 years later ... dream , dream, dream, ... I'm gonna be crazy in both cases on a different way  :-D

crowbi_wan

I don't believe it.  Unless they were given a very large sum of money I just don't see this rumor coming true.  It just doesn't seem likely to me that they'll play one festival and I don't see them doing several.  They're on a break after a busy 2008.  Of course it's possible and I hope it's true.   

rodney

Robert has said that the 4tour isn't over.  It's possible that he was only referring to the December shows, but it makes more sense to think that more dates will be announced this year.

dsanchez

Anyway, 2009 is supossed to be the 30th anniversary of 3IB. Come on, they have to do adittional shows this year... plus they have to promote 4:13 not? :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Sure, they could play Werchter.  I'm not saying they won't.  Just that I don't see it happening.  They played damn near 70 shows between 2007-2008 and are in need of some time off.  There is a gig and some projects on the horizon (NME, 30th Anniversary DVD, next batch of remasters).  And in 2010 I believe we'll get the "dark" addition to 4:13 Dream followed by a world tour.  I do hope they do play a festival this summer.  Hopefully more.  The new songs need to be heard live! I'm just not ready to believe the rumor...yet.     

Ulrich

Hm, sometimes, after a long tour The Cure did play some summer festivals the following year. It's possible, let's wait and see.
I myself would love to see the band after the album release and hear some of the 4:13 stuff.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

rodney

I don't know if they'll play this festival or not, but they did a bunch of festival dates in 2005 after completing a pretty big tour the previous year.  With this being the 30th anniversary, I expect some shows of some kind to be played.

Trust...

First names are public ... The Killers , Placebo , Coldplay and Metallica, ... :-( Still hoping :-)

Trust...

17 new names for Werchter

Nine Inch Nails, Kaiser Chiefs, Lily Allen, The Mars Volta, Flaming Lips, Pendulum, Laurent Garnier, Röyksopp, Mogwai, Ghinzu, Fleet Foxes, Social Distortion, Lady Gaga, Just Jack, Priscilla Ahn, M. Ward en The Hickey Underworld

Still not complete, but the hope for the cure is now far far away  :cry:

I hope we get this week the news: it's complete or the cure comes, I can't stand this anymore, this unknowing ... :(

Trust...

Tickets are running very fast away now. Who wants to go to this festival need to be hurry  ;) There are no more tickets for Friday. You can check it on www.rockwerchter.be