Insane Entertainment Especially For Cure Fans

Started by SueC, July 28, 2019, 06:11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

Spoonerisms? I love them, especially when I'm doing cunning stunts.

(SCNR. And yes, I was a bit into Metallica during the 90s.)
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

SueC

So, @Matti, have you ever plucked a pheasant?  :winking_tongue

(This is old, and a slight twist on "pheasant-plucking" - but you're German!  :angel)
SueC is time travelling

Pongo

Doing and have done spoonerisms with my friends for as long as I can remember. We still text each other when we are coming up with good ones. Mostly in Swedish obviously. My father was doing it a lot when I was growing up.

I once used a spoonerism when doing some renovation with my girlfriend and she was using the drill the wrong way and I told her she had to turn the bit.

SueC

Bwahaha!  :beaming-face

We had a notorious politician in Australia by the name of Barry O'Farrell, and we had a field day with that one!  :winking_tongue

And then we had a friend over, and found he'd already spoonerised that one himself too! :cool

The politician in question did rather resemble a barrel in real life, as well. :lol:

...by the way, when I asked Brett if he wanted to mush the washrooms the other day, he immediately went to the utensils drawer looking for the "musher" and emerged with the potato masher, then pretended to head down the corridor to a "washroom"... :lol:
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2024/jan/06/swearing-is-becoming-more-widely-acceptable-linguistics-experts-claim

QuoteSwearing has become more widely acceptable over the past two decades because it is increasingly used for other purposes than to insult people, linguistics experts have said.

"f*ck" and "shit", the two most commonly used swearwords in the UK, are frequently used to emphasise a point in conversation or to build social bonds, rather than with the specific intent to cause offence, according to academic researchers.

Well if the f*cking academic researchers say so...  :angel
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Fred Armisen shows off his musical impersonations of drumming styles of different age groups.
Quite funny!

The holy city breathed like a dying man...