2008.05.12 Boston - Agganis Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

For those who made pictures from the Boston show, you can share your pictures in the gallery by following this link. Thanks!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

OMG "Sleep when I'm dead" is f***ing excellent!!!!! :shock:

The best one for me 'till now!!!! :smth020

thanks for the links!!!!! :smth023
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

cure_kitty

Thanks to both sullen & labyrinth for their links to "Sleep When I'm Dead"!   :smth020   

This is far & away the best new song from the Cure!  I absolutely love it!  :rocker

And great reviews from the show to all who have posted!  Too bad there was some sound issues but it seems everyone had a decent time!   :smth023

disintegration

"Sleep when I'm dead", I love this song, very good!  :roll: :smth020
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

gba1y

Quote from: scatcat on May 12, 2008, 19:00:16
Quote from: sullen on May 11, 2008, 15:28:37
I hope there is no curfew for Boston....

7:30 start time, that would put them on stage at 8:30 the way things are going and with the 11pm curfew in place..... well.....

Hopefully it's 1130 or 65 days of **** will go on at 7.

:smth043 :smth046

sullen.. i agree.. without a w*nking support band, there WOULD BE 3hours or more of our boys!

I know there was a curfew in Oz... BUT we did not have to put up with a tragic support band..   :shock:

i hope all the best for the Best Band tonite.. and all the Curefans attending..   :smth023

enjoy!!   :smth020  p.s.  jealous.   :(

I don't remember The Cure having an opening act for previous U.S. tours.  They certainly don't need one, especially since they keep having curfew issues.  Do they have some prior connection with with 65DoS and just want to help them break?

DJscribbles

-  Do they have some prior connection with with 65DoS and just want to help them break?

i love 65dos, and i was ecstatic when i saw them last year with the cure, two bands that i love sharing the same night, im happy about it. robert handpicked them to open up for the entire tour, and even flew out to see them live (somwhere in the UK) before asking them. during an interview at the download festival, one of the things robert talked about - was his support for 65daysofstatic, he really ejoys their music. well it shows - otherwise he wouldnt have had them open the WHOLE tour. i dont know how many people have been watching 65dos, but last year - there were 200 people in a 23,000 seat amphitheatre.
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

gba1y

Quote from: DJscribbles on May 15, 2008, 00:41:14
-  Do they have some prior connection with with 65DoS and just want to help them break?

i love 65dos, and i was ecstatic when i saw them last year with the cure, two bands that i love sharing the same night, im happy about it. robert handpicked them to open up for the entire tour, and even flew out to see them live (somwhere in the UK) before asking them. during an interview at the download festival, one of the things robert talked about - was his support for 65daysofstatic, he really ejoys their music. well it shows - otherwise he wouldnt have had them open the WHOLE tour. i dont know how many people have been watching 65dos, but last year - there were 200 people in a 23,000 seat amphitheatre.

We went early enough to catch at least half of the set.  I had listened a bit on their webpage/myspace and was not sure I would enjoy them, but they were pretty good live. 
Of course, they are somewhat lost in the big (half empty) venues that The Cure are playing,
so I'm sure they would be a lot better in a club setting.  Even so, the crowd at the opening
show in Fairfax gave them polite applause during their set.  I think they are playing a fair
number of club dates on nights when there is no Cure show.

lostflower4

BennyBlanco

lostflower4

Quote from: BennyBlanco on May 17, 2008, 00:48:19
Show is now on dime     :-D

Thanks!

Funny, I was sure it was a CSB recording from your sample. But I figured I'd be wrong if I said something about it.  :lol:

BennyBlanco

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 17, 2008, 01:30:16

Thanks!

Funny, I was sure it was a CSB recording from your sample. But I figured I'd be wrong if I said something about it.  :lol:

yeah i love those mics  :)

j

Thanks!

Hey....what's wrong with CSBs Mr. DPA?  I guess I'll find out first hand the difference between mics in the next few days (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- don't let "the crew" know)!

lostflower4

Quote from: j on May 17, 2008, 02:51:04

Thanks!

Hey....what's wrong with CSBs Mr. DPA?  I guess I'll find out first hand the difference between mics in the next few days (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- don't let "the crew" know)!

Not intended to be a criticism. I just knew it was some sort of omni/binaural recording. And my guess was that it was Core Sound Binaurals. That's all.

It sounds good, and I'm definitely going to download it.

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine