2008.05.17 Rosemont - Allstate Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:13:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Plainsong

I tried both presales and the onsale today for 3 tickets and was NEVER offered floor at all by Ticketmaster. This is ridiculous! Nearly 20 years of concert-going and I've never had so much trouble getting good seats for a show.
I'll be in Chicago somehow (already have plane tickets!) but damn if I'm going to buy those shitty upper-level seats. I'll find a way...but there's something very fishy going on with the sales for this show.
I did see seats along the sides offered today but I'm not sure how far to the sides they'd have to go to be using half the arena only. Still, if they are, that means Ticketmaster couldn't even show us the correct seating chart!!

temptation-cure

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 14, 2007, 21:17:55

Videotaping is another story...

tell me more about that ;)

AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY BUY PLACES IN THE BACK OF THE STAGE?
WHO WILL PAY TO SEE THE BACKS OF THE BAND  :lol: :lol:
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

lostflower4

I think it's funny how some guys always film from the very back of the venue. They must not mind having a horrible view for every concert, not to mention those videos don't usually sound too great either.

But there are some tapers who usually film close to the stage. Big respect for those guys.

j

I thought I had Section 110 come up while trying to get tickets, but I could be wrong (I hope).  And I am sure that quite a few, if not all of the US shows will be taped :smth023.

I can personally speak to getting gear in in Europe vs. US, since I have taped shows in both.  Getting gear in in Europe is a joke.  I taped both the audio and the video of the RAH show last year.  I could have had 17 nuclear weapons down my pants (so that would make 18 weapons down there! :-D).  No one even looked twice at me. 

In 2004, when I met the band in Camden, NJ, I had to hide my camera down my pants.  I had this huge bouncer pat me down and he brushed the camera with the back of his hand.  He nearly shit himself.  Guess he thought I was happy to have him patting me down!

rodney

That would be great if they're doing a different setup.  I mean, really, the band isn't popular enough to fill an 18,000 person venue anymore, are they?  I think average attendance at the Curiosa shows was around 9-10,000.

j

They are playing the Spectrum in Philly and that seats 17-18000.  However, there are 3 levels and for minor league hockey they have huge curtains covering the 3rd level so that probably cuts out 3000 seats or so.  The problem (at least in Philly) is that there are few medium sized venues.  We have tons of 1000, 3000, 3500 seat places, then we have the super sized ones- 17000-25000, plus football and baseball stadiums.  Nothing really in between.  Maybe Chicago has the same problem and that is why they are playing there.

rodney

I just called the arena.  Ticketmaster published the wrong seating chart.  It's going to be a half-arena setup.  They're supposed to fax me a seating chart.  She said it's similar to what they do for the Disney events.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: rodney on July 17, 2007, 17:15:45
I just called the arena.  Ticketmaster published the wrong seating chart.  It's going to be a half-arena setup.  They're supposed to fax me a seating chart.  She said it's similar to what they do for the Disney events.

:smth023

That's what I was thinking.  They have a half arena setting for the Barenaked Ladies.  This makes a lot more sense.  Please post the chart when you get it.

rodney

It's the same as the Barenaked Ladies chart (actually has Barenaked Ladies crossed out with Cure written under it), which means that it has seating for 9,500 people.  You can go on Ticketmaster and see it, or I have it as a TIF file.

crowbi_wan

Thanks for the info Rodney.  I'm sure there will be a lot of relieved fans.  Though there's bound to be some pretty pissed off ones, too.

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 14, 2007, 21:22:44
Seriously, can any fan confirm that they were able to get close seats to this show directly from Ticketbastard?

During the cure.com presale I managed to get Sec 3, Row 13.  I hear some others got Sec 4 and 5 during that sale.

lostflower4

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on July 19, 2007, 00:31:31
Quote from: lostflower4 on July 14, 2007, 21:22:44
Seriously, can any fan confirm that they were able to get close seats to this show directly from Ticketbastard?

During the cure.com presale I managed to get Sec 3, Row 13.  I hear some others got Sec 4 and 5 during that sale.

You got really lucky! :D

Row 13 should be 13 rows from the stage. Section 1 ends at row 10 and the row numbering doesn't reset until sections 4 and 5.

j

Show off!  The best I could get was section 5!

lostflower4

Quote from: j on July 19, 2007, 01:03:11
The best I could get was section 5!

Row 1, though. That's lucky too!

Only 16th row total with the condensed seating arrangement.

j

True.  I didn't look at it that way.  I have 17th row for Fairfax (and 13th for Philly), so I guess Rosemont isn't that bad after all!