Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

My favourite Nick Cave track:

Thanks folks for providing a sort of "radio channel" for when I have to do boring stuff on the computer! :cool
SueC is time travelling

dsanchez

New stuff from 65DOS :smth023

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

An 80's classic, from Spain:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

I had another listen to this Australian classic little known outside our country today, and as always, the lyrics made my hair stand on end.  It's the story of one man's experience of WW2 - with a twist.  The Australian accent is deliberately broad here to get in character, and people not used to it may want the lyrics:

https://genius.com/Weddings-parties-anything-scorn-of-the-women-lyrics

They also did an interesting song about the perils of shiftwork, featuring Trish Young from The Clouds.

SueC is time travelling

BiscuityBoyle

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Methods of communication include:  Speech, body language, text, subtext, emojis... and posting song clips!   :angel  :smth023  :evil:  :beaming-face  :cool  :P  :heart-eyes

I suppose I better post a song.  Although 'tis a re-post...

Gloriously noisy, with excellent lyrics... which on the live track you can actually hear.  The studio version uses all sorts of voice distortion, which sounds great in the context but does make the lyrics hard to access.  (OK, maybe I do need a hearing aid. :angel )
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

From Adelaide, Australia:

Brett sends his regards and says that this next, West Australian, band is fabulous live, and he's seen them loads of times.

It's the first time I've heard this, and I think it's excellent... amazing that after 13 years, my husband is still surprising me with things from the depths of his music collection. :heart-eyes
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Completely effervescent people - and one of the best things ever to happen to Australian music and to reconciliation in this country...

This was the commercial remix:

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

word_on_a_wing

I've just recently heard of Mildlife as they are supporting Stereolab when they play Melbourne in a few months... wow, I love this
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."