Should The Cure remove "Killing An Arab" from their live setlist?

Started by dsanchez, April 22, 2019, 16:13:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on October 20, 2019, 17:24:06It seems you're concerned that somebody will agree with me and then maybe my opinion will get more credence and then maybe The Cure will be asked to stop ...

No, absolutely not. I'm more concerned about you not understanding what the band and other people said. Riding around on the same subject is close to trolling, sorry. Topic will be closed soon.

Once again, what happened to "rest my case"?  :?
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on October 20, 2019, 17:56:19I have read and took in what others are saying about this song. I understand ....

No you didn't understand much of what others posted and what the band said about the song and its origin. Instead, you were still talking about the title of it (months after we'd cleared that!) and what it might mean to people who have no idea and misunderstand it. Incredible really. ("shakes head in disbelief"...)  :unamused:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Shut this shit down Ulrich, listen to the voices in your head from here on out  :angel  :evil:
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

Robert Smith already stated what the song is about and what the song is NOT about (this can be read here and here). There's really nothing else to add to the discussion. We all gave our opinions, but most important, the final decision whether to play or not this song in the future is entirely up to The Cure. Unless Robert talks again about the song and playing it live, this topic will remain closed.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo