Cut Here

Started by dsanchez, May 25, 2008, 05:25:39

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: Freakshow on June 17, 2008, 12:16:56
I had lots of things in my mind - so I said to me every week next week I will visit/ or call her. When I finally did it I had to realise that she died two weeks ago.   

Ohhh :(
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on May 25, 2008, 05:25:39
How many times in our lifes we had the chance to meet a long time friend and we just skipt the meeting with the classic "I don't have time, maybe next week"?
Interesting subject.How many times you lost him/her or a friend owing to indifference and
lack of interest and isn't it even worse? I had a few opportunities to met former friends,but
everything was different.Of course it is terrible to lose a friend due suicide,but regret..?
The decision was up to him.I was surprised to read the story behind Cut Here,nearly a cheerful song.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on May 03, 2015, 16:53:51
I had a few opportunities to met former friends, but everything was different.Of course it is terrible to lose a friend due suicide,but regret..?

Well, the song talks about regret "...but 'if only' is a wish too late".  :(

I met some old friends over the past few years and am happy to report that it went well. Somehow everything had changed, but nothing had changed.   ;)

There were times with loads of work, when I might've said "I have no time" more often than I wished, recently I've not so much work (and not so much money as a result), but at least I can take some time to meet somebody or play with my nieces...  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Sodoura

This song reminds me of my grandparents. My grandpa who died 4 years ago on March and my grandma who died 3 months ago. It was a great loss. And I regret not saying the things I could've said when I could communicate with them, despite the distance between eachother... But I feel like I'll just keep on doing it with everyone, even though I don't want to because it's really no good. Because I'll end up regretting it everytime and I'll be filled with sorrow, thus I'll end up being a really depressed person. :(  :smth022 :smth010 :smth089
Where fantasy and fun come to life...

Ulrich

Quote from: Sodoura on May 07, 2015, 13:51:00
... But I feel like I'll just keep on doing it with everyone, even though I don't want to because it's really no good. Because I'll end up regretting it everytime and I'll be filled with sorrow, thus I'll end up being a really depressed person. :(

You're the one person who can change yourself, if you want. :)
Just do what you feel you can do. Little steps can lead to a change in the end!

Regret and sadness belongs to life, but it is too short to only have regrets all the time...

Sodoura

Yeah, I know. Tried way too many times to be someone else, and I can't change.
I can't help not being who I am. That's the problem.
  :smth100
Where fantasy and fun come to life...

Ulrich

Quote from: Sodoura on May 09, 2015, 17:04:14
Tried way too many times to be someone else, and I can't change.
I can't help not being who I am.
  :smth100

You are who you are. No need to be "someone else". If you want to change, it's YOU who can do it!

Somewhat off-topic, but here's an interesting article:
http://www.16personalities.com/articles/is-it-possible-to-change-your-personality-type
To conclude, your basic personality type cannot change – however, you can (and should!) change the aspects of your personality that you are unhappy with. By doing this you will strengthen your shadow traits and become a more well-rounded individual, even though your dominant traits will still remain the same. Such a change could be triggered by either the environment you are in or your own will – to each his own.

dsanchez

Found this here:

Excerpt of an interview of Robert Smith posted by a Canadian journalist named Paul Cantin:

QuoteI kept passing on the opportunity to sit down and have a drink with him, have a chat, Smith said. I was very regretful. I had never used the words. I wrote them down to get it out of my system. I thought it might be a good opportunity to actually sing something with a bit more emotional weight. The singles are a bit glib, because I think they have a better chance of getting airplay. It is nice to sing a song that meant something, and to think it is going to be a single is a good thing. Strangely enough, it turned out to be the record company's favourite one (of the new songs).

Here's an Interview from the dutch newspapper "Het Algemeen Dagblad" (Nov. 29th, 2001). Robert also talks about writing and releasing Cut Here:

QuoteIt's about Billy MacKenzie, once the singer of The Associates. Two months before The Cure his band was contracted by our recordcompany Fiction. I knew him since 1978. We appeared on stage together and I took part at his records. He was a very good friend. In 1996 he figured in our Mint car video and we made an appointment to see eachother soon. The next thing I heared of was he killed himself. I was overwhelmed with a mix of emotions: anger, feeling of guilt and sadness. I wrote this song at that time, but I did found it too personal to put it on a regular CD. I could have changed the text into less strong words, like I did before with suchlike songs, but I still couldn't find it in my heart to do it. Now, when there's some more distance to that sad happening , it may see the light
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo