2012.08.18 St. Pölten - Green Park (Austria) 'Frequency Festival'

Started by dsanchez, February 03, 2012, 15:29:04

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Setlist

Tape/Open, High, End of The World, Lovesong, Sleep when I'm Dead, Push, In Between Days, Just Like Heaven, Bananafishbones, Pictures of You, Lullaby, The Caterpillar, The Walk, Friday I'm in Love, Doing the Unstuck, Trust, From the Edge of The Deep Green Sea, Play For Today, A Forest, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End.

Encore:

The Lovecats, Close to Me, Let's Go to Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry.

Videos

(To navigate through the videos, click on "Videos in this Playlist")

curefans.com members going to this show

Jakso
el_duderino
dsanchez
monghi
charlotte sometimes

General info

Festival Website
http://www.frequency.at/

The Cure show scheduled from 22h45 to 01h00

Tickets for the whole festival
http://www.oeticket.com/musicticket/de/tickets/fm4-frequency-2012-st-polten-green-park-109841/event.html

One day tickets: 86,60 EUR
http://www.oeticket.com/en/tickets/fm4-frequency-tageskarten-2012-st-polten-green-park-407923/performance.html

Getting there

If you live far from Austria you may fly to Bratislava (Slovakia) or Vienna to get to the venue.

Currently RyanAir flies to Bratislava (it's probably cheaper than flying to Vienna) from the following cities: Alghero, Barcelona, Girona, Birmingham, Bristol, Brussels, Charleroi, Dublin, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London Luton, London Stansted, Malaga, Milan Bergamo, Palma, Paris Beauvais, Rome Ciampino and Rome Fiumicino.

Once you arrive to Bratislava, there's a bus that takes you directly to the main train station (Hlavna Stanica). The bus ticket is only 0,90 EUR and the journey is abour 25-30 minutes. You can check the website http://cp.atlas.sk/vlak/spojenie/ to look for the timetable for the journey Bratislava-St. Polen.

If you plan to stay overnight in Bratislava let us know!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Officially the first Cure concert of the summer I will be going to. I hope there will be 1 day tickets! It's less than 2 hours away from where I live :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on February 03, 2012, 15:35:10
Officially the first Cure concert of the summer I will be going to.
134,50 EUR per ticket and The Cure is the only band from the festival I like (I don't like Placebo). I will wait to know what are the other festival where they play to decide. So far Roma and Carhaix seem to be the better options. It would be nice if they play Slovakia's Pohoda ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

plainsong16

what a real pity!! if the location it's Wien or not so far away from Wien i would, go 'cause it could be very interesting festival to go to. :o

dsanchez

Quote from: plainsong16 on February 03, 2012, 21:13:05if the location it's Wien or not so far away from Wien i would, go
Actually, Sankt Pölten is just 1 hour away from Wien.

http://g.co/maps/pb856
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

plainsong16

i thank you really!! is not so much for the distance as well, but for the price unfortunately! is one of the most expensive festival as i can see. i really would like to go to barcelona with some others too, to be honest. i want to see the complete list of these concerts and decide, hoping to find tickets.
Thank you for your cooperation as always. let's see!!
Ciao.

dsanchez

Quote from: plainsong16 on February 04, 2012, 03:52:50
is one of the most expensive festival as i can see.

No it's not. Actually, it's one of the cheapest festivals if you compare to Primavera Sound (€180 plus booking fee) or Roskilde (€ 240 plus booking fee). However, the line-up does not convince me. If there was The Flaming Lips, Bjork or My Bloody Valentine playing I wouldn't think twice, but there is just Placebo. However, I am confident The Cure might play Szeget in Hungary!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

plainsong16

Hello again!! yes, you're right!! but the difference in this case is that in the primavera sound you can, ever if you like, to book a one day ticket if i don't wrong; here for the frequency you can't have this option free. but whatever, these are just little details only, don't you find? i thank you in any case. just let's see?! (i hope to have time to choose to be sincere!)  :?
Ciao!!

lovecat

Quote from: dsanchez on February 04, 2012, 10:58:41
Quote from: plainsong16 on February 04, 2012, 03:52:50
is one of the most expensive festival as i can see.
However, I am confident The Cure might play Szeget in Hungary!

You are right, i hope in Sziget festival too  ;)

jakso

MintQR

Hey guys :)

Is there anyone planning to go to this festival? I was hoping to go but I'm afraid it might be already sold out. Plus tt seems the page that sells tickets is in German only :((((

dsanchez

Quote from: MintQR on June 09, 2012, 12:25:22
Is there anyone planning to go to this festival? I was hoping to go but I'm afraid it might be already sold out. Plus tt seems the page that sells tickets is in German only :((((

I may be going, but I will probably decide this a few weeks before. And no, I don't think this festival will sell out.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MintQR

dsanchez

One day tickets available to "just" 86,60 EUR :?

Information updated in the first post of this topic (Thanks Jakso for the info)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Just updated information on the first post (see top of the page) of how to get to the Festival if you live far from Austria. There are several RyanAir flights to Bratislava, and from here you can get easily to St Polten by train.

So if anyone comes around, let me know :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo