Robert bothered by fans in Australia (Part II)

Started by dsanchez, August 10, 2007, 20:42:31

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

He looks so tired. Video is from 11th August (it's saturday already in Australia), so I guess it's right after the Sydney gig?.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

"we really don't like bugging you guys at all..." - oh, why do you do it then????

very bad to watch stuff like this. makes you both angry and sad.
if someone can still come up and say "yes but it was such a great opportunity for the fans!!!" then she/he is just utterly nuts and has no feelings whatsoever.  :evil:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 10, 2007, 20:52:03
"we really don't like bugging you guys at all..." - oh, why do you do it then????

very bad to watch stuff like this. makes you both angry and sad.
if someone can still come up and say "yes but it was such a great opportunity for the fans!!!" then she/he is just utterly nuts and has no feelings whatsoever.  :evil:

I would be really crazy for meeting the boys, but the bother them after a concert, on the way to another city, when everyone of the band is obviously very tired. I don't know. They're humans after all! :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

strange_day

After 4 hours sleep, i also really couldnt be bothered with human communication.
I like the bit where they say 'Oh we dont like bothering you' - erm, but we will anyway, because youre only here once a decade...... its just selfish.

To be honest id be terrified to meet him, im sure hes a nice person and all that, but in a situation like this, id rather not meet him at all, than to leave him with the impression i was an ignorant prick. Its just not worth it, youre only going to annoy him at times like that.

One ineteresting thing though..... did i hear correctly about KEYBOARDS ONSTAGE IN THE US?

Hmm, lets see  ;)

Plainsong

The poor band! There's a time and a place for this sort of thing and that was NOT IT.
Do they not have security who can step in and intervene in situations like this?

splitmilk34

Disgusting... I think the best thing I do as a Cure fan is to stay the hell out of their way.  It's one thing to sort of run into Robert or Simon or whoever and say hi, maybe shake their hand... but to actively seek out, proceed to to film and engage in awkward hugs and conversation is just... creepy. 
I mean, I'd like to give Robert a hug but I don't think I'd actually just do it.  It's things like this that cause our favorite musicians to not be some open, friendly or forthcoming when met in person.
In short... put the damn camera away, moron.
"... sleeping less every night"

sillyboob

Bob's comment about possibly having a keyboard or two onstage in America is indeed interesting.  We shall see.

Gothfiend

Its really hard to watch this, I cant believe true fans would do this.  Its one thing asking for a quick autograph, another stalling with a #$%#ing camera in your face after a flight at an airport.  Disgusting.  I cant believe how affable he was during the whole time either.  Nope, totally wrong  :evil:

Bloodflower

Robert was wonderful in that, very polite but obviously bothered. The keyboards news is interesting, but we'll see if anything materialises. I think I'd like to hug Robert, but I'd probably never do more than shake his hand if I actually met him. Definitely wouldn't film it! Or make it last seven minutes! God, what awful fans....
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

rodney

I'm plenty impressed with how polite he was, even though he clearly didn't have time to talk!

blindbadger

Damnit, it's on private now. I wanted to see the creepy stalker-ness =(

themurderchair

yeah i was going to say this video wasnt playing for me
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Janko

Quote from: splitmilk34 on August 10, 2007, 21:53:58
Disgusting... I think the best thing I do as a Cure fan is to stay the hell out of their way.  It's one thing to sort of run into Robert or Simon or whoever and say hi, maybe shake their hand... but to actively seek out, proceed to to film and engage in awkward hugs and conversation is just... creepy. 
I mean, I'd like to give Robert a hug but I don't think I'd actually just do it.  It's things like this that cause our favorite musicians to not be some open, friendly or forthcoming when met in person.
In short... put the damn camera away, moron.

WELL, YOU KNOW...
IT'S A TOUGH CALL!
IF I WAS IN THE SAME POSITION I DONT KNOW HOW I WOULD ACT...
MAYBE I'D JUST IGNORE IT
MAYBE I'D THOUGHT OF IT AS A ONCE IN THE LIFETIME OPORTUNITY TO SPEAK TO MY FAVOURITE MUSICIAN
MAYBE I'D BUY HIM A DRINK
MAYBE I'D JUST STAND THERE AND LOOK CREEPY
WHO KNOWS!
AS I SAID IT'S MOST PROBABLY A ONCE IN THE LIFETIME OPORTUNITY, SO...

:roll:
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Chrissie

Why on earth would you make a big deal by putting this video out there, and then cut off access to it. Did you realise it made Robert look good and you bad?
Anyway one more sleep til Melbourne show - will not sleep!

japanesebaby

Quote from: Chrissie on August 11, 2007, 15:11:38
Why on earth would you make a big deal by putting this video out there, and then cut off access to it.

look at the logo: youtube. so isn't it slightly more likely that the person who originally put that on youtube is the one who cut access to it, right?
(i sort of find it hard to believe that it was YOU david who went all the way to australia to bug the ol' man like that and then uploaded the video to youtube in order to get your 15 minutes of questionable fame and then posted the link here, in order to catch even bit more questionable attention???  :lol:)

Quote from: Chrissie on August 11, 2007, 15:11:38
Did you realise it made Robert look good and you bad?

i really don't see the logic of this.  :smth017
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine