Which Cure song are you listening to right now?

Started by Inshiver, February 03, 2006, 16:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

A Strange Girl

Listening to Lullaby, live version from 1992...I call it perfection :)

...I think you come from another world...

BiscuityBoyle

One of The Cure's best post-Disintegration songs, this really should have a higher profile.

Rietan

Reminds me on the fortune spent for bootlegs in the old days..

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

iliast

I only wanted to share this... It was a melancholic but peaceful moment from a day that ended its life at that time ...

dsanchez

@iliast thanks for sharing, wish they would play it once in this tour :oops:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Rietan

Rietan

Rietan

every time I believe it, everytime I believe it....

iliast

Quote from: dsanchez on July 12, 2019, 20:24:17@iliast thanks for sharing, wish they would play it once in this tour :oops:

I wish it too. And i'm sorry that the post was on the wrong place of forum.

dsanchez

Quote from: iliast on July 13, 2019, 14:48:08I wish it too. And i'm sorry that the post was on the wrong place of forum.

no worries, no need to apologize.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

Here, we're spinning the Cure version of Purple Haze quite a bit at the moment.  This one (the noisy one):

The B-sides box set arrived in the mail recently, and we had no idea they'd covered that!  I was thinking, "Is this going to work???"  - and you know what, it really does.  They're stripping the paint off the walls with that version - excellent.  :cool
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Quote from: A Strange Girl on June 18, 2019, 22:24:53Listening to Lullaby, live version from 1992...I call it perfection :)

Buon giornio, Strange Girl!
This is a really nice version!  :-)

It's good to dip into other people's recommendations here.  Usually if I mention The Cure in public, people's eyes sort of glaze over!  So I'm still getting used to this *not* happening here.  :cool
SueC is time travelling

Mez7000

Six Different Ways - live in Orange version, and now it's stuck in my head and now I'm going everywhere whistling the tune 😁
21.07.89 - Birmingham NEC
19.01.91 - Great British Music Weekend, Wembley Arena
01.05.92 - St. Austell Coliseum
25.06.95 - Glastonbury
16.12.96 - Birmingham NEC

...still too few times and far too long since the last gig!

BiscuityBoyle

Quote from: SueC on July 27, 2019, 01:31:32Usually if I mention The Cure in public, people's eyes sort of glaze over!  So I'm still getting used to this *not* happening here.  :cool

As in they are too old, too 80s, too weird or maybe too mainstream? I've definitely had the latter.