tom cruise the holy man of scientology - he's hilarious(ly sad)

Started by japanesebaby, January 17, 2008, 23:19:39

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

this is SO nuts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXtvrr-ASg&feature=related

"[when a scientologist] drives past an accident, it's not like anyone else... because you know you're the only one who can really help. this is what drives me." :P

"we are the authorities on the mind..."

"my opinion is that you're on board, or you're not on board. but just... if you're on board you're on board like the rest of us. period."
=heyyyyy wtf is he talking about?  :lol:

"you're better know it, and if you don't.... go and learn it! but don't pretend you know it, whatever blahblahblah"

hell yeah - he's so full of crap :smth023 :smth100 :roll:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

the video gets removed all the time with the message:
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International

here's more:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article3345184.ece

:lol:

nausearockpig

that's funny. just yesterday i thought i'd wiki 'Scientology' for fun.. they are mad.. saw some crazies "testing" some people the other day... funny stuff.... unless you get sucked in that is...

melly

Tom Cruise (aka ferret boy) portrays the epitome of what scientology is...a control freak, self opinionated, very, very strong in his views, like everyone else is wrong, and a self belief that encompasses illusions of granduer of ones self...this could be a little tricky, as we may have scientologists amongst us here, but...I went out with a guy involved in scientology ( years ago) and let me tell you, the attitudes Tommy boy possesses are EXACTLY the same as the person I knew...I even visited their "offices" in the city, to try and get some understanding of what it was all about..now, I have been known to be pig headed at times, and pretty strong willed, but they nearly got me too...very, very clever...and anyone, who is even the tiniest bit vunerable, they latch on to and will not let them go.... and of course, the money involved in paying for "courses" and books is big dollars...... I ditched the guy when I started to become a "possession", just like Katie Holmes is viewed by TC...not nice at all...and ok, whilst some view the christian beliefs as a little odd, Scientology beliefs take it all to another plane ( or should I say planet!)....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

lostflower4

If anyone wants to see a great episode of South Park, where they really tear into and expose Scientologists, go here:

http://www.mrtwig.net/ep/912.html

I can't guarantee all the links are still working, but they might be.

scatcat

mmm.. I have been watching this report on T.V.. come on, he is odd.  :smth100

I knew someone would pull the plug on the youtube release!

really creepy stuff!!  :roll: 
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

I thought scientology was sumfink to do wiv dissecting frogs & burning dangerous chemicals & stuff   :roll: ;)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

LuvURobert

OK.  I just watched a video of Cruise blah, blahing about scientology and I just have to say that he sounds absolutely insane!  :smth091

No offense if there are any "scientologists" out there, but he makes it sound like a bunch of gibberish!  :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_twUMgDkg

"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

LuvURobert

Quote from: Steve on January 18, 2008, 15:31:54
I thought scientology was sumfink to do wiv dissecting frogs & burning dangerous chemicals & stuff   :roll: ;)

:smth043 :smth044 :smth081
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Hero

This is really weird :shock:
There's a scientologist "church" near where i live but its really just a shop, VERY scarey people in it. They try and lure people in like a gingerbread house and make them scientologists. One tried to speak to me but i screamed and ran away :P

Haha ferret boy!! Melly you make me laugh! :-D

Janko

I BEG TO DIFFER!

I THINK ALMOST EVERY RELIGION OUTTHERE IS A BIT SIMILAR...

I'M A CHRISTIAN PROTESTANT AND WHEN I SEE CATHOLICS FIGHTING AGAINST DIVORCE, ABORTION, OR FEMINISM - I FEEL THE SAME, LIKE YOU FEEL WHEN YOU SEE TOM CRUISE RANTING JIBBERISH...

I DONT SEE THE PRICIPAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SCIENTOLOGY AND CATHOLICISM, OR ANY OTHER RELIGION, CONCERNING THEIR INFLUENCE ON PEOPLE THAT NEED THAT KIND OF MOTIVATION IN LIFE!

:?

BUT THEN AGAIN, AT LEAST THERE ARE NO BOMBS INVOLVED

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on January 18, 2008, 21:56:38
I BEG TO DIFFER!

I'M A CHRISTIAN PROTESTANT AND WHEN I SEE CATHOLICS FIGHTING AGAINST DIVORCE, ABORTION, OR FEMINISM - I FEEL THE SAME, LIKE YOU FEEL WHEN YOU SEE TOM CRUISE RANTING JIBBERISH...

I DONT SEE THE PRICIPAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SCIENTOLOGY AND CATHOLICISM, OR ANY OTHER RELIGION, CONCERNING THEIR INFLUENCE ON PEOPLE THAT NEED THAT KIND OF MOTIVATION IN LIFE!

maybe. but then again - and i'm not defending any faith/any religion more than other because i find it all pretty futile, whatever the faith in question - despite all the numerous bad and even horrible things that pretty much every religion has brought us throughout history, at least the so-called traditional religions have had some major cultural input (arts, music etc.) on our society too, and although many other churches/religions have been full of utterly greedy bastards too, they've still had values other than money/wealth - or at least they've promoted those values indirectly, if not always directly. i suppose that makes a major difference to me there. because nothing similar can be said about something totally hollow as scientology - it's just a money-making machine for a few money-loving people and nothing more.

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 18, 2008, 22:06:01it's just a money-making machine for a few money-loving people and nothing more.

Funny, I was just coming here to say the same thing â€" that most religions don't require you to pay (huge fees) to be a member.

Here's a summary of what I was talking about above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QqjTsFKm4

This is all true, by the way.  :shock:

Not to mention that their founder was a famous science fiction writer. I mean, come on.  :?

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on January 18, 2008, 22:16:48
Here's a summary of what I was talking about above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QqjTsFKm4

This is all true, by the way.  :shock:

Not to mention that their founder was a famous science fiction writer. I mean, come on.  :?

indeed. jesus, mohammad, buddha and the likes: oh man, they just didn't have ANY imagination. how poor.  :?
who cares about cultural input/cultural achievements when you can choose soul-catchers and cool stuff like that. :P

clearly, those guys are totally deranged.

:lol:

melly

Quote from: Janko on January 18, 2008, 21:56:38
I BEG TO DIFFER!

I understand what you are saying there Janko,and let's be honest, religion is one of the over riding factors involved in so many horrid "wars".. I, personally, disagree with so many views put out there by certain religions, but that's not what this is all about...Scientology has been branded as "brainwashing", not unlike any religion really, but how they do it is very, very different... and, unlike any religion I know of, if you choose to leave it, you are threatened with "bad things" happening for the rest of your life...not in the way of bodily harm caused by someone, but believe me, once they have "got" someone, it really is quite frightening if you want to cease involvement...Unlike a lot of religions, where you just pop along to a church and sit through a service, Scientology is very "hands on", someone in your face  the minute you walk in the door... and the only way you can "improve" yourself, is by spending huge amounts of money...there is NO choice..people donate vast amounts to various religions, I know that, but that's a personal choice...in Scientology, if you want to "go up to the next level", of which there are so many, you dish out big biccies, whether you want to or not...with the "promise" of, when you reach the highest "plane", thousands and thousands of dollars later, the whole meaning of life will be revealed to you... they use personal validation to make you feel good about yourself, making you really want to get to that next level... there is so much that goes on, I could fill the whole page...I looked into it, as I stated earlier, trying to understand just what my friend was harping on about, and went in with an open mind... :shock:
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...