2008.12.19 "RS: I can't see a long future for The Cure", World Cafe, WXPN-FM, US

Started by dsanchez, December 25, 2008, 16:46:23

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on October 17, 2018, 16:26:08
Erm, I don't think so. "Mixed Up" deluxe was the logical follow-up to the "Disintegration" remaster/deluxe, as all the albums from 1979-'89 had been remastered and re-released. Logically, "Wish" is supposedly the next one. Nothing to do with old or new fans or "mainstream", just re-releases in chronological order.

Look, this was quite below my radar (fan perspective). Sorry for running into the off topic zone.

:smth023
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on October 18, 2018, 10:58:53
Sorry for running into the off topic zone.

Hey, no problem, in general it's still about the "future" of the band, so we can keep going.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

I found the interview's audio (previous link was broken). You can listen here, skip to the minute 09:30
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tanyasmith

His statement "here's to another 10 years/decade" at the 40th Anniversary show makes me think he feels differently now, but perhaps it was an important ending to explore back then, that has allowed for them to begin  again. It kind of reminds me how last night I thought to myself, after a long day "I don't want to run tomorrow. In fact, I'm not going to," but today I'm like "I have to, and I feel like it, too." If Robert gets caught in the moment of feelings sometimes, he may feel differently after the clouds have cleared.