2023.06.14 Toronto, ON Budweiser Stage (Canada)

Started by dsanchez, March 11, 2023, 20:30:51

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

https://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2023-06-14.php

Alone
Pictures Of You
A Fragile Thing
A Night Like This
Lovesong
And Nothing Is Forever
Burn
Fascination Street
Push
Play For Today
A Forest
The Last Day Of Summer
Shake Dog Shake
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
Endsong

I Can Never Say Goodbye
It Can Never Be The Same
Want
Plainsong
Disintegration

Lullaby
Six Different Ways
The Walk
Friday I'm In Love
Doing The Unstuck
Close To Me
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
Boys Don't Cry
I'm walking slowly and quickly, but always away...

Ulrich

Review:
https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/2023/06/15/review-the-cure-conquers-toronto-with-a-four-star-show.html

QuoteTwenty-nine songs over two hours and 40 minutes.

That's how, after a seven-year absence, British goth rock stalwarts the Cure became reacquainted with a sellout Toronto audience at Budweiser Stage on Wednesday night.

If the unfamiliarity of songs like "And Nothing Is Forever" and "I Can Never Say Goodbye" were a tad frustrating for those hoping for a few more favourites, the band offered such powerful and disciplined musicianship that the new stuff felt right at home.

By the time the concert ended with "Boys Don't Cry," the audience was energized to the point where they could have stuck around another hour or two and been none the worse for wear.

But perhaps the most revealing moment of the show occurred during the opening notes of "Alone," as Smith took the time to drink in the moment, acknowledging each section of the crowd with a smile.

It was an appreciative gesture from a man who looked grateful for the turnout and the loyalty. One hopes that Smith will reprise the feeling when he tours a rumoured new Cure album — the first since 2008 — in the hopefully not-too-distant future.

I'm walking slowly and quickly, but always away...