2009.02.26 London - O2 Arena 'The Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig' (England)

Started by dsanchez, November 04, 2008, 11:36:36

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

The shirt is basically the same as the one offered at the LA shows last December.  12:08 instead of O2:09, though.  I gather we'll be seeing some 4:09 shirts at the shows in April.  Hey, these Dream gigs seem to happen in pairs every other month.  Makes me wonder if there will be two concerts in June, August, October...

boo

Quote from: Dillinger on February 27, 2009, 17:53:43
Was a great show, shame I had to miss the last 2 songs to run for the tube. One Hundred Years was my personal favourite.

i stayed til the end and i managed to get the tube on time. the crowd control worked surprisingly well outside the station.

Dillinger

I had to change over, that was the one I was in danger of missing. Made the last train with like a minute to spare.

Cure

@ david:  any chance we could rip it? or watch it online somehow ??

i totally looooooved the gig
robert was awesome
the 1st support band 'white lies' was fantastic
but The Cure..

omg

i just have no words
all i could do was just stare @ him..
lovely gig
=)
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

boneheadhaggar

I was in the same situation as you dillinger so missed the last 2 songs :cry:

but did catch my train, after a tiring sprint through St. Pancras station :shock:

a great night all round though, The Cure in my eyes just get better and better every time I see them, highlights for me Underneath the Stars, Primary, One Hundred Years and Disintegration

the band looked like they were really enjoying themselves too, and Robert was more chatty than usual :smth023
its nice to be nice

Dillinger

It was somewhat ironic that as they played Jumping Someone Else's Train people began running for their train  :lol: We managed to wait till Grinding Halt though.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Dillinger on March 01, 2009, 14:16:47
It was somewhat ironic that as they played Jumping Someone Else's Train people began running for their train  :lol:
:lol:

it's really annoying to be forced to leave because of some damn transport issue.  :smth091
by the way that's one more reasons why gigs without support bands are often so much better.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

othervoices

We booked the holiday inn express just down the road - made the whole concert more relaxing not having to worry about public transport - been in that situation myself, it's not much fun!

Cure

Quote from: Dillinger on March 01, 2009, 14:16:47
It was somewhat ironic that as they played Jumping Someone Else's Train people began running for their train  :lol: We managed to wait till Grinding Halt though.

y did u g2 run??
i left after the last song was over, b4 the standin crowd (the pros of havin seatin ticks, haha)
and i caught my train & went back without bein in a hurry =)
trains were workin till 12 i think
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Cure

underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

danny999911

I just looked at the TV guide and the gig is being shown on NME TV at midday this friday (UK time) under the name 'The Big Gig'. The channel is only on sky so is there anyway someone could rip it and upload it to rapidshare or something like that?  :P I have been looking arround and I don't think you can view NME TV online, but maybe they will upload it to youtube like they did with last year's. There must be some way I can get hold of it!

Edit: Actually I just looked on the NME homepage and in the video 'The NME Agenda' it says it will be on E4 this wednesday at 9PM (UK), but on 4's TV guide it says there is cheaper by the dozen on at that time, and the only search results on the TV schedule is the big gig mentioned above  :x

Cure

underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

danny999911

That's quite strange because every time i go on it it is just this looping dance music or something (not the stuff that NME would play), that's been going on for ages, with some pictures of volcanoes, caves and surfers. There is no NME logo in the corner but there is a Dance 247 ad in the corner.

At the moment according to the schedule NME TV is showing Awards 09 special, so I don't think that is a proper stream. I dought that anyone would stream the channel, as not many people watch it.

Plainsong

WOW what a night!
I will say that I'll think twice before going to a show like this again with such a big floor. The pushing and shoving in the crowd was really scary at times. We were on the rail right in front of Porl and I really thought I was going to get crushed more than once!
The security guys in the front brought WATER to the crowd all through the show, though, which was incredibly thoughtful. Yay O2!
The performance itself was great--I LOVED the setlist, Robert was smiling and seemed to really enjoy himself, and apart from Crystal Castles the other bands were great too. Some of the crowd around me didn't seem to know the newer stuff like Hungry Ghost and It's Over. The place went NUTS for the encore though.
Glad I went even if I nearly got smushed in the process.

Cure

underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]