2023.11.27 Montevideo

skellington

Its Just Like a Dream...:)

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 27, 2010, 10:36:11
Muse Where the Streets Have No Name (U2 Cover) with the Edge Glastonbury 2010

:smth020
Wow, that was really good!  :shock:

Sounds like U2 in 1987, but with a different singer. It just goes to show what I was saying in that other thread about bands getting too old. U2 is another group showing its age, unfortunately. Edge still sounds great, but the band overall doesn't have the "fire" it once did live. But here, with a relatively young band, the song has new life again.

My only complaint is the ooohing and ahhhing that Matt does before the first verse. He seems to like doing that for some reason.  :?

By the way, don't forget to click on the soccer ball at the YouTube page to hear the "vuvuzela version."  :oops:

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 27, 2010, 22:07:10

Wow, that was really good!  :shock:

Sounds like U2 in 1987, but with a different singer. It just goes to show what I was saying in that other thread about bands getting too old. U2 is another group showing its age, unfortunately. Edge still sounds great, but the band overall doesn't have the "fire" it once did live. But here, with a relatively young band, the song has new life again.

My only complaint is the ooohing and ahhhing that Matt does before the first verse. He seems to like doing that for some reason.  :?

By the way, don't forget to click on the soccer ball at the YouTube page to hear the "vuvuzela version."  :oops:

i agree, that was great!  :shock: i bet the edge was thinking "damn i wish larry and adam would play like that, i should get these guys in my backing band". :P
i think they should have closed with that song, what else is there to play after that? sorry muse but 'plug in baby' just sounds like a downer after that performance and song.

about matt's oooooh-aaaah habits: he does the same during the intro on 'starlight' - drives a lot of people nuts! 

vuvuzela version? thanks but no thanks ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

skellington

japanesebaby

one of the strongest music videos i've seen in a long time:

Kent - Hjärta

follow those red threads/strings.
the photos are of people that have disappeared ('saknad' means missing).
'hjärta' means heart.

translated lyrics: http://kent.awardspace.com/hjarta_lyrics.php

skellington

I know it doesnt seem like it would be a good song, but I love listening to it, I grew up with it and find it really funny to watch so enjoy :smth020
Sesame Street: The Word is No

jbud1980

Making Plans for Nigel by XTC

skellington

Yeah I love that song too, the video is funny, with tht creepy clown guy and everything
Quote from: jbud1980 on July 03, 2010, 17:27:57
Making Plans for Nigel by XTC
I'm listening to "Hurt"- Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash Hurt

crowbi_wan

skellington

japanesebaby

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 29, 2010, 21:11:00
Quote from: lostflower4 on June 27, 2010, 22:07:10

about matt's oooooh-aaaah habits: he does the same during the intro on 'starlight' - drives a lot of people nuts! 

Not only the intro to Starlight, but the outro to Neutron Star Collision as well.   

MUSE - Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever) [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

btw, does the piano sound a bit familiar there?  Check the intro to Ruled by Secrecy from the Seattle gig.  ;)