2008.12.14 Universal City - Gibson Amphitheatre 'KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas'

Started by crowbi_wan, November 21, 2008, 03:17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

pink ego box

Does anyone have any schemes to get tickets?
I'm planning on spending money on broker tickets which bums me out because I have to buy my niece's ticket as well.
Pit tickets are going for over $1,000 a ticket. I love The Cure but for an hour show...ha even for a 3 hour show no way.

pink ego box

Quote from: j on December 06, 2008, 03:16:59
I just hope that the 5pm listed there is showtime, and not doors.  I'd hate to see them only get 1:15 to play

Last year the tickets had doors@5pm

lostflower4

Quote from: j on December 06, 2008, 03:18:46
Did you see this:

Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Ventura, and San Bernardino Counties. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Ventura, and San Bernardino Counties will be canceled without notice and refunds given.

Hmmm... I'd try temporarily changing your billing address.

Remember, it's not the same as your shipping address.  ;)

j

Or, how about this....

If you have a friend that lives in one of those counties, ask to use their address.  Next, go out an get a pre-paid Visa or Amex.  Register it online using the CA address.  Buy tix using the card, then print them   :smth023

sullen

Quote from: j on December 06, 2008, 20:35:50
Or, how about this....

If you have a friend that lives in one of those counties, ask to use their address.  Next, go out an get a pre-paid Visa or Amex.  Register it online using the CA address.  Buy tix using the card, then print them   :smth023

f*cking GENIUS !!!!!!!!!

minisuperjennifer

Hi fellow Cure fans,

I'm flying from Montana just to see this show! God I hope I can get two tickets! My friend in LA is going to try to buy them but I just want to put the word out on this site that if we don't get tickets, I'll be begging.

i hope this is a fabulous show!

jen

crowbi_wan

Hey Jen, I believe there is a two ticket limit.  The chances of anyone having extras is basically zero.  Best chance is to have your friend be signed into their Ticketmaster account a few minutes before tickets go on sale and hit refresh every few seconds.  If there's a presale I'm sure you'll need a password.  Best thing to do there is copy it so that all you'll have to do is paste it in the box.  I think it's quicker than typing AND there's no chance of getting it wrong  ;)  You're friend is going to have to navigate the page very quickly as this show will sell out in probably a minute.  :shock:   Good luck!  :smth023

minisuperjennifer

If anyone here ends up with one or two extra tickets, I would love to buy from you. I'm flying from Montana just to see the show!

pink ego box

Quote from: minisuperjennifer on December 08, 2008, 04:45:44
If anyone here ends up with one or two extra tickets, I would love to buy from you. I'm flying from Montana just to see the show!

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. My niece and I are flying in from Florida. I will probably have to beg for tickets.
I was told from someone I'll have 2 tickets at will call for us but I'm nervous he won't pull through and I'll just sit outside all night.

jbud1980

Quote from: j on December 04, 2008, 17:11:13
I was talking with another member here (who shall remain nameless at this point!) and this person brought up an interesting question.  Will they check for CA I.D. at the door?  What happens if you are from Arizona and buy a ticket off of Stubhub?

That would probably be unfeasible because there are too many id's to check, and as well, how do they know a friend/relative didn't give you the tickets as a gift?

crowbi_wan

Just received this text from KROQ: 

Tickets go on sale Thursday at 6pm.  You must a a KROQ Street Team member in order to purchase tickets.

j

So is that how they are controlling who is eligible to buy tix- by your address listed on your KROQ street team registration?  Or will they actually check the cc billing address?  I guess one could argue that your billing address is not indicitive of your physical address.  For instance, what happens if you go to school at UCLA, but your parents in West Virginia pay the credit card bill?  West Virginia may be your billing address, but you live in LA... just a thought.

crowbi_wan

I've never understood the double fees from TM.

$11.55 ticketmaster fee
$3.40 per order ticketmaster processing fee

:smth017

Why not just combine the two? 

Okay, I get that the first one is per ticket and the second is per order, but still.  It's two fees from the same company!   

Furthermore, if this is supposed to be a show for the fans and one designed to avoid scalping, why are they going with TM?  It's well known that TM is partnered up with ticket brokers. 

:smth011 

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 08, 2008, 17:14:20
I've never understood the double fees from TM.

$11.55 ticketmaster fee
$3.40 per order ticketmaster processing fee

:smth017

Why not just combine the two? 

Okay, I get that the first one is per ticket and the second is per order, but still.  It's two fees from the same company!   

Furthermore, if this is supposed to be a show for the fans and one designed to avoid scalping, why are they going with TM?  It's well known that TM is partnered up with ticket brokers. 

:smth011 

reminds me of some customs policies:  let's say you've ordered something online, something that's a bit more valuable. you wait for your package to arrive by mail but instead, you receive a note form the customs - a happy day! first you need to pay value added tax for the value of the goods themselves (the percentage depends on the goods in question, it's usually something a bit over 20%). then they deduct the same percentage from the postage costs you've had to pay (which i personally find pretty annoying/insane: you already had to pay extra in order to get the goods delivered to you - and then they tax you for it? come on). after this come the actual customs duties, based on some tariffs (i don't know what exactly, don't ask me). and after all this, you still might have to pay some additional duty and/or excise duty, again depending on the goods in question.

in all, it's like four or five different sorts of taxes/fees/something.
and the end result is the same: even if you might have thought you made some bargain buy, they'll rip you off for sure.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine