2019.06.08 Dublin - Malahide Castle (Ireland) 'Malahide Castle Concerts'

Started by dsanchez, September 25, 2018, 10:41:56

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Setlist

Shake Dog Shake, Burn, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, A Night Like This, Pictures Of You, High, Just One Kiss, Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, Last Dance, Fascination Street, Never Enough, Wendy Time, The Walk, Push, In Between Days, Play For Today, A Forest, Primary, Want, 39, One Hundred Years,

E1: Lullaby, The Caterpillar, Doing The Unstuck, Friday I'm In Love, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry

Fan meetings

The traditional fan gathering will take place on 7th of June (a day before the band's show) from 17:00 at The Workman's Club, 10 Wellington Quay, Dublin. If you're on Facebook, this is the link to the event.

There will be also a Cure after party (the 8th of June) on www.fibbermagees.ie

Tickets

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-cure-co-dublin-08-06-2019/event/18005543F9274BF7

The concert is SOLD OUT

How to get there?

The info below was applicable for the Malahide Concerts 2018 but will likely be applicable as well for The Cure in 2019. We will update as we know more. "The Dart" is the Irish Rail company.

Quote from: undefinedTHE Dart will be running to Malahide train station which is approximately a 10 minute walk from the venue and will be running after the concerts right up until 11.45pm to Dublin City Centre.

For more information on train times and fares go to irishrail.ie.

The Dart will be running until 11.45pm after the concert

There will also be a direct bus from Malahide Castle to Dublin City centre after the concerts and fares can be purchased upon boarding for €10.

By car via the M50, exit the motorway at Junction 3 (signposted M1 Belfast / Airport), continuing onto the R139. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit, continuing on the R139 for 2.6km. Turn left onto Malahide Road / R107. Continue straight for 4.2km then take a right onto Back Road. Follow signs for car parks which will be on your left.

If you're coming from the North via M1, exit at Junction 4 (signposted R132 Swords / Malahide / Donabate). Keep right, merging onto R132. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit, keeping on the R132. At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit, staying on R132.

Take a slight left, merging onto Swords Rd / R106 and continue for 2.9km. Turn right onto Dublin Rd / R107, continue straight for 700m and then turn left onto Back Road. Follow signs for car parks which will be on your left.

Car parking spaces are limited so taking public transport is advised.

Announcement

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

word_on_a_wing

I wondered the same.  Are there any festivals scheduled to happen there on that date?
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

I asked my Irish friend Jarlath where The Cure could be playing and he said this:

"I'm thinking Kilmailham. Nick Cave played this year, it's a one day/evening outdoor event, started around 6 till 11 June. That's what I'm hoping".
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Details shared by the Cure on Facebook:

QuoteThe Cure
Malahide Castle, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Saturday 8 June 2019
Tickets priced €69.50 including booking fee go on sale Wednesday 10th October at 9am
From Ticketmaster: In person: From Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide
By Telephone (24 Hour): ROI: 0818 719 300, Northern Ireland: 0844 277 4455
Book On Line: www.ticketmaster.ie
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

I never been to Dublin so planning to go to this one... see you there cureheads!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

In the FB even it says "The Cure and others". Hope to see 65DOS, Ride or Slowdive opening ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

By the way, for those asking if this will be a "The Cure ONLY show"...: it won't be. The promoter who is organizing The Cure's show also organized Gorillaz's gig this year in the same venue and nearly in the same date. Gorillaz had three support bands (De La Soul, Little Simz and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble) and the show was part of the Malahide Castle Concerts, so you can expect The Cure to have also several support bands. I hope 65DOS, Ride and Slowdive will open ;)

Yes, this is also a Festival even if you don't see the name "Festival" in the title. However, this seems a one-stage festival, sort of like the Milano 2012 one (which was amazing!)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

helloimageifonly

Does anyone know why only the Dublin festival is mentioned on The Cure's official website?

dsanchez

They simply don't update their website as often as their Facebook/Twitter accounts (where all the other 2019 shows are already published). By the way, if you see a gig in this section of this forum, IT IS definitely confirmed!

See you in Dublin? ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

helloimageifonly

Ah ok thx, I have neither FB nor Twitter..
Still in doubt whether I am going to Dublin or not because I can choose budgetwise 1 venue in and 1 out of Belgium to go see The Cure. This one is very tempting because it is in a castle  :heart-eyes
Obviously deciding before Wednesday!