What means your nickname? Why did choose it?

Started by dsanchez, February 08, 2008, 06:15:32

Previous topic - Next topic

drowning

my nick is boring "drowning man" one of my fav. cure songs off all time.

and it´s how i felt somedays. drowning in a pool of emotions, feelings......
lost alone in a happy crowd.....

j

Let's see...my name is Jeff.  J id the first letter of my name.  Actually, J was my nickname that my high school hockey team gave me, and it stuck through college.  I got lucky in that respect.  Hockey players have this rather stupid way of nicknaming everyone, usually by adding y to the end.  Keith Jones= Jonesy.  SO I guess J is better than Jeffy.

Dime wouldn't let me use J as my username, so I used natas43.  Satan spelled backwards (and also a skateboarder from back in the day- Natas Kaupas- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natas_Kaupas ).  And 43 was my hockey number my entire career.

Steve

I do hope ZZTOPSMYBUTTLOVERS posts.

You don't believe me? Check the members list.  ;)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Tof

Tof is because my name is Christophe and all my friend call me Tof !!!

Very creative too  :-D
Tof

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Hero

Hero is a character from Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing' which i'm studying at school and i was doing homework when i registered :?
I usually go for Lufus which has seemed to have replaced my real name but i felt like a change.

robiola

Ha ha, JB!  :-D
From now on I shall call you the howling woman, I love it. Or maybe howler, for short

silversand

I think japanesebaby is a nice nickname :)

Okay, it's obvious where i got my nickname from :)
It's from the song Before Three, because i love the line: ... "But winter moon
and silver sand, this perfect night in another land ...".
The only difference is that it's written in one word.

sues777

Quote from: scatcat on February 08, 2008, 15:36:36
hey @sues777... ur avatar is changed? or is everybody just messing with me !!?? *paranoia*... were u not a cat before? (please say yes)  :smth100
It's ok scatcat - I changed my avatar...yes, I was a cat before ('twas my boy cat Leroy - my girl cat started feeling left out). 

Quote from: drowning on February 08, 2008, 18:48:31
my nick is boring "drowning man" one of my fav. cure songs off all time.

and it´s how i felt somedays. drowning in a pool of emotions, feelings......
lost alone in a happy crowd.....
Hey drowning - I don't think your nickname is boring at all and your reasons behind it certainly aren't boring!!  I actually considered "something-beginning-with-s" but feared it was a little long....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Pita

I'm with the "very creative group"... my name is Guadalupe, Pita is like "little Guadalupe" (Guadalupita)... my friends and family call me that way... so my nickname is my name  :lol:
No one ever knows or loves another...

j

Quote from: Pita on February 09, 2008, 01:33:59
I'm with the "very creative group"... my name is Guadalupe, Pita is like "little Guadalupe" (Guadalupita)... my friends and family call me that way... so my nickname is my name  :lol:

No offense Pita, but my grandfather used to call me that when I was younger.  When I was about 12, I finally asked him why.  He explained what pita stands for: Pain In The Ass.

Thanks for bringing back fond memories of a great man in my youth!! :smth023

Pita

Quote from: j on February 09, 2008, 03:31:26
No offense Pita, but my grandfather used to call me that when I was younger.  When I was about 12, I finally asked him why.  He explained what pita stands for: Pain In The Ass.

Thanks for bringing back fond memories of a great man in my youth!! :smth023

:smth044 If my friends knew that they'd say that it's a perfect nickname for me
No one ever knows or loves another...

crowbi_wan

Several years ago on Compuserve, AOL, and a few other networks I used to sign off with goofy names that incorporated my last name.  A few favorites...The Pilsbury Crowboy, Shaquielle Cro'Neil, The Marlborcrow Man, Crowhammed Ali, and Crowbi-wan Kenobi.  Crowbi-wan just stuck when I opened an e-mail account on Yahoo some time ago.  People have been calling me Crowbi for years now.  And actually, it sort of makes sense.  Take my last name, Crow, and add the first letter of my first name, B, and there you go  ;)     

Carnage Visor

i am called Carnage Visor because:

1. I love the word CARNAGE...makes me think of corpses and destruction.
2. I love the 30 minute song by The Cure with the same name. It really moves me, and I think it's mysterious and lull enough to kind of numb the mind and make you daydream. Put it on in the room, it's just kind of there, you know? It's the theme song to my depression, my thoughts, my dreams. And it has no words, but still speaks to me.

I decided it sounded like a catchy name, one people could remember, contains no symbols or numbers, and displays well on a forum.

I love your last name, crowbi-wan. Crow is an awesome last name! :smth020

scatcat

Quote from: j on February 09, 2008, 03:31:26

:smth043 :smth046  guess what I'll be calling my son now?  :smth047
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life