The World Cup 2010 at Curefans.com

Started by Trust..., May 06, 2010, 11:58:52

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 15, 2010, 22:37:27
If I'm not mistaken, I think the Germany vs. Australia game was the only one so far where each team has scored more than one goal.  :?: Most games have been 1-0, and I've seen a fair amount 0-0 scores too. Sounds thrilling!  :P

And then couple all that with this great new phenomenon:

The Vuvuzela - Legendary Horn!

About 5 seconds of that drives me insane, and then it gets stuck in my head for much longer than that!  :smth096

really annoying, i could listen to that sound for more than a few seconds :?
being in the audience, surrounded by that constant noise would be sheer torture.
i can't understand why they didn't ban those stupid horns even though i heard that many players asked for it.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 16, 2010, 21:54:58
i can't understand why they didn't ban those stupid horns even though i heard that many players asked for it.

because it's part of south african's culture.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 16, 2010, 03:11:1158 days until presaeason football starts.  :D
Well... The NFL preseason is also rather :smth015, so make that 85 days. Still, not going to wish away the nice weather for that!  ;)

In the meantime, I, like most Americans, have been enjoying the NBA Finals:  

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/06/world-cup-vs-nba-finals-its-a-close-ratings-race.html

:smth023  

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on June 16, 2010, 23:47:28

Yes, just like most countries sing songs and have chants.  Nobody complains about them.  I kind of like those horns.  Makes it sound like the players are being chased by bees.  :P

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 17, 2010, 01:17:17
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 16, 2010, 03:11:1158 days until presaeason football starts.  :D
Well... The NFL preseason is also rather :smth015, so make that 85 days. Still, not going to wish away the nice weather for that!  ;)

In the meantime, I, like most Americans, have been enjoying the NBA Finals:  

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/06/world-cup-vs-nba-finals-its-a-close-ratings-race.html

:smth023  

Well sure, the NFL preseason is a snoozer.  Still, it's a sign of good things to come (like Seattle kicking the snot out of the 49ers).  :smth062 

And yes, the NBA finals have bee great this year! 

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 17, 2010, 03:49:28
Quote from: dsanchez on June 16, 2010, 23:47:28

Yes, just like most countries sing songs and have chants.  Nobody complains about them.  I kind of like those horns.  Makes it sound like the players are being chased by bees.  :P

i know. but singing chants is an international thing, something that all the players alike have gotten used to.

all the world's top players travel to south africa from all over the world and it's their games too, not something put up for the general public. i'd think it would be more important to try to make the conditions as good as possible for the players to do their best on the field. so if the players say they are bothered by these horns and that it interferes their concentration on the field, then why not respect the players wish?  

just because something is part of some local culture doesn't mean it's cool for all people and everyone has to like it - and these are international games, not south african championships.
but obviously people there don't care one bit if the players have it comfortably or not. which is pretty odd to me...

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Trust...

Nice football players on my TV screen  8)

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: Trust... on June 17, 2010, 21:54:39

yep, definatly better than american football players... i mean come on they just look hilarious in their outfit ;)  i almost died of laughter when we went to a game!!

no offence to anyone... :D

Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

lostflower4

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on June 18, 2010, 11:22:56
Nice football players on my TV screen  8)

yep, definatly better than american football players... i mean come on they just look hilarious in their outfit ;)  i almost died of laughter when we went to a game!!

I'd rather see American football players in their "silly outfits" than stuff like this:

Of course, that may be a personal preference.  ;)

Trust...

I didn't like the outfit from The Netherlands - it looks so ... old-fashion ... I don't know why ... the model and maybe the lettertype for the numbers and then that colour  :-D

I had last week a Dutch supplier on the phone, she said " Oh you can have an orange shirt when you put a command this week"
I started to laugh, and said hey you have a Belgian customer on the phone, so here there is no "Orange-hype"  :lol:

She could understand it completely  :-D

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on June 18, 2010, 11:22:56

yep, definatly better than american football players... i mean come on they just look hilarious in their outfit ;)  i almost died of laughter when we went to a game!!

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 18, 2010, 12:06:31
I'd rather see American football players in their "silly outfits" than stuff like this

sure, sure... ;)

Why American Football Is Gay and Stupid
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

wish-man

and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

lostflower4

Quote from: Trust... on June 18, 2010, 13:22:56
Quote from: dsanchez on June 18, 2010, 13:03:39
Quote from: lostflower4 on June 18, 2010, 12:06:31
I'd rather see American football players in their "silly outfits" than stuff like this

sure, sure... ;)

Why American Football Is Gay and Stupid

:smth043 :smth043 :smth043
Well, the Dingle-Berry part was pretty funny... But none of that really holds a candle to this:

PROOF! Soccer is GAY!

I didn't see any dudes kissing in the American football video, for example.

And really, how does one explain the part at 1:50???  :shock: 

I mean it... Am I just hallucinating or something?  Yeah, didn't think so.  :oops: